Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've sprung a leak!
doug

RE: I've sprung a leak!

I had the air-con problem in my transit. The whole dash board had to be removed to get to the incorrectly fitted drain hose.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
12-11-2011 08:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abcya

It was designed by Gerry McGovern - of course some of them will leak ...like his MGFs! I wonder if it's possible to find an MGF forum thread form 1996 where we all cut out bits of our door seals to resolve the problem?!
No issues with mine though....touch wood

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
12-11-2011 08:44pm
PJ

Thanks for the replies. I've never been through any deepwater but it seems to be leaking when it gets wet, rather than an aircon leak as the techs dried the carpet then jet washed it and the carpet was damp again. I'm annoyed I didn't spot the dampness before but the rubber backing on the mats meant it wasn't obvious and the weather was pretty nice the first couple of weeks I had it.

I'm getting a freelander whilst it goes to the body shop. I just hope mine is a one off but something like this shouldn't happen and has never happened to me before on any of the new cars I've had. I'm very disappointed and it has taken the edge off the experience. Also, not one person I have spoken to has actually said sorry for what's happened, which I don't think is too much to expect on a £40k car.

Just checked and I don't have a wet bum so the seats must be ok Very Happy

Arrived! OG 5dr Dynamic, shadow chromes, pano roof and few other bits.
12-11-2011 10:27pm
Grah

Jet wash maybe?

A power spray on the bottom sill can get in the car and soak the carpet - have experienced this and I worried for days that the car was leaking.
12-11-2011 10:29pm
PJ

I've only hand washed it. Still at the tlc stage until the novelty wears off.

12-11-2011 10:33pm
mark_n

I can certainly appreciate it's taken the gloss off things, hope you get it sorted out and let us know how you get on.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-11-2011 01:52am
PhilSkill

Hope you get it sorted! Given the wading depth of this vehicle it must be a fairly major omission or poorly fitting seal.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-11-2011 10:51pm
bell-auto-services

Under the wipers is a the black plastic scuttle panel which is covering amongst other things a big hole and air intake for the heater which is in the bulkhead itself. I saw this a few months ago and my immediate thought was ohh if its raining i will worry that if the water is not draied away correctly via the scuttle it could easly fill the car with water.

You can see the hole/air inlet if you remove the battery cover, This may be worth an investigation.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 12:00am by bell-auto-services.)
13-11-2011 11:59pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PJ

Just got my car back after a 4 day trip to the body shop and it turns out it was an aircon problem after all! The person at the service desk said the unit had not been fitted properly at manufacture, although she couldn't elaborate. She wasn't sure how the car had got through QC.

The dealer had previously stated that it was water leaking in from the outside after doing a test with with a jet wash - all very strange.

Anyway got her back now and the days with the freelander were painless, although a little dull Smile

25-11-2011 09:45pm
DDX

Im assuming the car has been fixed now? Did they replace your carpet trim (not mats), and if not, is there still a damp smell in your car?

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
25-11-2011 09:58pm