Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Humming Noise
LIONHEAD

RE: Humming Noise

(03-01-2012 11:51pm)ApeelinZ Wrote:  Definately would be a 5 door. Much more practical. That front seat takes way too long to move forward. Making someone wait in the rain until you move the seat up and then they have to squeeze in is rediculous. Also, that extra 1.6" of head room in the back is nice.

What kind of Jeep did they loan you? A Cherokee? I was looking at the Cherokee Limited before...I just wish it got better gas mileage and was alittle quicker. (I know there is an SRT-8 but it's gas milage is even worse)
Unfortunately it was a Liberty. I do like the new Cherokee Limited/Overland especially it has more space but didn't need another big suv and so went with the Evoque. Got the call late this aftrnoon and got my Evoque back. The A pillar is good now....nice and tight. Going to the other dealer Thursday to deactivate the automatic folding side mirrors. Seems I've been to the dealers more than I drive the car. Laughing
04-01-2012 06:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

You certainly don't buy a 3 door for ease of access to the back but if you never - or only rarely - take rear seat passengers, it's not an issue. The 3 door is the rarer car and closer to the LRX concept. The two cars appeal to different demographics.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 06:43am by mark_n.)
04-01-2012 06:43am
ApeelinZ

(04-01-2012 06:43am)mark_n Wrote:  You certainly don't buy a 3 door for ease of access to the back but if you never - or only rarely - take rear seat passengers, it's not an issue. The 3 door is the rarer car and closer to the LRX concept. The two cars appeal to different demographics.

I do agree that the 3-door is closer to the LRX concept and is sleeker looking. If they had a quicker seat movement (like on a manual slider or something) and had alittle more room to get someone in between the seat and the pillar I probably would have considered it. While I don't have children, I still like the 5-door's practicality. Also, I don't think the 3-door is worth another $1,000 in my opinion. Should be the other way around...less doors less price Very Happy

Its actually a pretty even distribution so far in the United States. Cars.com shows (203) 3-doors to (239) 5-doors right now, but I am sure the 5-doors have a slight edge in the sales so far.
04-01-2012 03:19pm
LIONHEAD

(03-01-2012 06:01pm)ApeelinZ Wrote:  Well, as long as no other Evoques catch fire or have weird humming noises Very Happy then I am probably going to go an Orkney Grey Dynamic with Ebony Interior and headliner, Adaptive Dynamics, and Climate package. Probably will stick with the standard 19" wheels as they are probably lighter and the sidewall can handle Chicago potholes better Laughing than the 20". Could always buy a set of 20" wheels later for summer driving.

I am going to the Detroit Autoshow next week to see if anything else catches my eye. I should have things narrowed down after Jan. 15th.

Jeff......I just talked to Brian (Vettewrench) and Dennis (ZX1100) and both says Hello! They still remember you and your black Z06. Very Happy

I think this was your bad boy! Cool
[Image: MVC-007S.jpg]

Not sure if you remember which C5 I had. Laughing
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 06:49pm by LIONHEAD.)
05-01-2012 06:46pm
ApeelinZ

(05-01-2012 06:46pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Jeff......I just talked to Brian (Vettewrench) and Dennis (ZX1100) and both says Hello! They still remember you and your black Z06. Very Happy

I think this was your bad boy! Cool
[Image: MVC-007S.jpg]

Not sure if you remember which C5 I had. Laughing

Actually if I am not mistaken that was the 2000 Corvette Coupe I had before my 2002 ZO6 (I can see the fog lights and ZO6's didn't have them back then) and I think that picture was taken by Vettewrench's. See what happens when you don't have a Corvette for awhile. You miss those little subtleties. Laughing
06-01-2012 02:21pm
LIONHEAD

(06-01-2012 02:21pm)ApeelinZ Wrote:  Actually if I am not mistaken that was the 2000 Corvette Coupe I had before my 2002 ZO6 (I can see the fog lights and ZO6's didn't have them back then) and I think that picture was taken by Vettewrench's. See what happens when you don't have a Corvette for awhile. You miss those little subtleties. Laughing

I forgot about that Laughing

So does that mean I have a Z06? I have the Z06 mesh screen and duct.[Image: smLach2.gif]

[Image: tcc5.jpg]
06-01-2012 05:03pm
ApeelinZ

(06-01-2012 05:03pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  I forgot about that Laughing

So does that mean I have a Z06? I have the Z06 mesh screen and duct.[Image: smLach2.gif]

[Image: tcc5.jpg]

Close, but you forgot the ZO6 badges which gives you more horsepower Very Happy
08-01-2012 12:16am
LIONHEAD

(08-01-2012 12:16am)ApeelinZ Wrote:  Close, but you forgot the ZO6 badges which gives you more horsepower Very Happy

I actually think the badges gave me more hp than the time tricker and throttle body bypass. Laughing
09-01-2012 05:35am
LIONHEAD

***UPDATE***

I stopped by the dealer this morning and had one of the techs take a look at it again. He knew right away what the humming/vibaration was as he said all the PTI Evoques he's driven has the same vibration/humming noise coming from the transmission tunnel. He said it's most likely when the torque converter locks up is when the vibration is occuring. He says there is nothing wrong with it although it's only the Evoque's he tested has this noise. Maybe call or email Land Rover and let them know so hopefully there will be a fix down the road. Again.....there is nothing wrong but it's still not right to have this vibration for a $50k-$60k vehicle. I'll probably call Land Rover and let them know. Possibly those who have this vibration/humming noise do the same so they will do something about it. Mine occures when coasting between 35mph-45mph and then giving alittle gas and the vibration/humming occurs.
19-01-2012 06:33pm
slee18

Hey Lion do you have a clicking or clunking sound when you first drive off? it happens around 10-15 mph?

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
19-01-2012 11:33pm