Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to find out the build / delivery date ?
doccosigfredi

How to find out the build / delivery date ?

Hi

I come from Germany and order the Evoque in April.

my Dealer says he can not tell me the exact dates of building and delivering the Car...it will be arround Okt.-Nov. !?

my last Car i order new was a Volkswagen Scirocco and there was a Tel. No. direkt in Wolfsburg where every Customer can ask for the Dates .

does anyone know if there is the same possibility with Range Rover ?

thanks J.J.
27-07-2011 08:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: How to find out the build / delivery date ?

Hi J.J., welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I don't think such a number exists. We have all just had to wait until our orders had been submitted to the factory to be given the build date.
I actually placed my order in March, but was only given my build date about 2 weeks ago. Confused

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
27-07-2011 09:14am
physik

JJ - Your experience with VW sounds excellent and I don't think you will find LR can match that. I realise there have been some tricky issues relating to the Evoque (new car, paint issues etc.), but I have been very unimpressed with my LR dealer and the lack of communication & transparency. I placed my order on 21 June 2011 and until last week they were telling me my car would be built in "October" and now suddenly it is 08 December 2011. See threads below :

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Prestige-...8-Dec-2011

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Time-from...-Dates-etc

Paulus - Would you care to share your order, build, registration & delivery dates in more detail so that I can compare them with what I am being told for my Prestige ?
27-07-2011 10:20am
paulelescoces

hi doccosigfredi, I also have placed my order in Germany, for export to Switzerland. Order placed in Freiburg dealer.

I placed order in June and have been given an "September/October" estimate although the dealer did seem to indicate that the transparency and communication that they get from LR was not great and he did now know when he could confirm a fixed date.
Dealer was great when I visited them but are very slow on responding to emails etc...
27-07-2011 11:06am
paulus599

(27-07-2011 10:20am)physik Wrote:  Paulus - Would you care to share your order, build, registration & delivery dates in more detail so that I can compare them with what I am being told for my Prestige ?

I did actually start a thread about this. If you look in the orders section, there is a thread called 'Deposit, order, build and delivery'
At that time I did'nt have a build date, since then though I have been told that bulid date is 21st Oct with a delivery date to dealer of 2nd Nov.

If you only placed your order towards the back end of last month, then I actually think you have been given a very good build date, I would have expected it to be much later than that by now.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
27-07-2011 12:16pm
physik

Thanks Paulus - I've bumped the other thread.
27-07-2011 12:59pm
Blackseries

(27-07-2011 10:20am)physik Wrote:  JJ - Your experience with VW sounds excellent and I don't think you will find LR can match that. I realise there have been some tricky issues relating to the Evoque (new car, paint issues etc.), but I have been very unimpressed with my LR dealer and the lack of communication & transparency.

Please don't believe that the grass is always greener. At the same time as I formally placed my order for my Evoque I also placed an order for a VW Golf 5 door Bluemotion Tech DSG. I still don't have a build date for it, the dealer can't confirm when I'm to see it - I've ask for a rough month.... no can do. So 4 months after placing an order for a £20k car I have no idea when it will arrive. My Evoque on the other hand has a build date and an estimated delivery date.... which I have been informed by my dealer has moved forward 2 weeks.

J.J. I would love that phone number but I would hazard a guess that it wont help a very frustrated UK customer.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
27-07-2011 07:56pm