<20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
70+
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
How old is the 'average' Evoque driver!?
exigejoe

RE: Age profile...........

Why does most people think like that; my child is responsible, maintains good grades and her studies. And appreciates the things she has. Im not certain about the Elise since its very fragile but nothing ghetto like i had when i was a kid.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
07-11-2011 12:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3VOQU3

I'm with you exigejoe.. If your kids are responsible and appreciate the value of hard work and then why not get your kids a nice car..
07-11-2011 02:23am
benzina

I'm a gratefully healthy, and happy 49. Retired years ago, no kids, no commitments, no debt, just free as the wind,with modern minimalist living ideals,a love of all animals,nature,and being conscious of treading lightly on this earth.
The Evoque Dynamic 5-door Sd4 i have ordered,is the motoring missing piece in the jigsaw i've been waiting for,as it a car that is absolute everything, in one nice compact quality package,and will replace my daily drive,and my stored classic Benz,all at once.
I don't think i've been this excited about a car i'm about to recieve, since my very first car....a near new 1981 Lancia Beta Coupe 2000, of which i went halves with my dad...that was the deal,and boy did i appreciate that,including the value of spending my hard earnt doe.
It was my baby Ferrari, and i continued to pour untold amounts of my hard earnt money, into maintaining,and further,bringing the engine up to blueprinted Abarth specifications. It was my sunday car,as i worked 13 hour days, every other day,for many, many years,but what a blast it was.
Anyway...the Evoque scratches me right where i itch...i have a passion for superb engineering,and stunning design.....Bring on the Evoque!!!

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 05:18am by benzina.)
07-11-2011 02:42am
SW6RR

It must be really tough to make that kind of decision as a parent. My 2 pence worth is, if the kids have to buy their own cars, then that's life. If they are lucky, they get bought a reasonable second hand car (think: Peugeot 206 / VW Polo) and if they are very lucky they might get a shiny brand new one.

I can't really get my head around an Elise bought for you as a first car - it's a track car really, isn't it? That can't be fit for purpose can it? I'm sure your children are a picture of responsibility, but what's the thinking behind buying them a car meant to be driven fast (I know it doesn't HAVE to be, but that's what it's designed for) and then expecting responsible driving? Even if they do drive responsibly, isn't that making somewhat of a mockery of buying the fast car in the first place? It's not being used for what it is meant to be used for...

Good on your kids for their grades and their attitudes - reward them by buying them nice new VW Golfs or Ford Focuses!

I definitely think there is a prestige threshold too, just for the sake of keeping things sane. An Evoque, for example, bought for you as a first car would IMHO be ridiculous. Where's the delayed gratification in that? They might not be spoilt yet, but there's still time for it to happen!

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 11:14am by SW6RR.)
07-11-2011 11:12am
mark_n

(07-11-2011 12:47am)exigejoe Wrote:  Why does most people think like that; my child is responsible, maintains good grades and her studies. And appreciates the things she has. Im not certain about the Elise since its very fragile but nothing ghetto like i had when i was a kid.

The thing which would kill any child having an Elise as their first drive here in the UK would be the insurance, I expect completely uninsurable. The Elise is a fragile car which is soon to be discontinued (in its current guise) anyway.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-11-2011 11:28am
fam1x

(06-11-2011 07:03pm)DDX Wrote:  30, the Evoque is our family car after i sold my Cayenne too. Dreading bits of crisps and other snacks getting wedged in the small holes of the perforated leather.

I know the feeling think I'll have to get a cleaner every time the kids get in the back. Trying to get my 4 year to understand he cant walk on the seats with his shoes, think its working Smile Dreading the fact my Nephews will want to go for a ride and once they get together there's to controling them.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
07-11-2011 11:31am
GibEvoque

30 for me

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
07-11-2011 12:09pm
Big G

52 for me - had my mid life some time back - now riding a motorbike at the weekend and it happens to have a 2300cc engine. My first car was a 1972 Morris Marina Coupe - fantasticically ugly but went all day and helped in my courting as well !! Now I just feel me and the Mrs deserve nice things and we're very luck !!

.jpg  images.jpg (Size: 2.08 KB / Downloads: 91)
07-11-2011 02:32pm
jiggyjaggy

just hit 30, previous car is a TT MK I.
07-11-2011 02:48pm
mk82

29 for me

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
07-11-2011 03:09pm