Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Camera failure, key fob?
Norzlein

Camera failure, key fob?

Hi guys,

I'm facing a camera failure for a time. I recently found that when I open the lock by grabbing the door, it's OK. But when I open lock with key fob, camera seems to fail a lot. Does anyone have situation as mine?
07-07-2013 05:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: Camera failure, key fob?

This sounds like it might be a similar issue to the one I experienced - mine was due to water ingress into the camera wiring harness, and the short circuit set off faults all over the car's systems. How old is your car? The dealership replaced my camera and wiring harness under warranty.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
08-07-2013 12:48am
Norzlein

RE: Camera failure, key fob?

(08-07-2013 12:48am)m_101 Wrote:  This sounds like it might be a similar issue to the one I experienced - mine was due to water ingress into the camera wiring harness, and the short circuit set off faults all over the car's systems. How old is your car? The dealership replaced my camera and wiring harness under warranty.

I've got my car at February this year, it's 2013 model. I've already asked my dealer and I guess they are trying to solve the issue, but no good. They've also replace some camera module but not getting expected result. Fortunately, they are doing all actions without any extra charge so I'm still waiting for some good solution...
08-07-2013 12:15pm