Poll: Does the Evoque define you as a person?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does the Evoque define you?
jitenc

How does the Evoque define you?

Passing thought a narrow road with parked cars on both side on my daily commute to work, i came across an oncoming Quashqai. We both tucked our wing mirrors in and gradually squeezed passed each other. The driver behind the Quashqai started nodding his head sideways in disapproval as if he was telling me, 'why have a big car, when you could have less hassle in a Citreon Saxo like mine?
Got to work, and the staff question me, why do you need a 4x4, you only live in London....
So there it is, do the car we drive define us???
I came across this article some time back:

http://redefiningthemeaningofwealth.com/...efine-you/

In a nutshell, most of us have earned or sacrificed enough, to drive the Evoque. What your purpose of having the Evoque may differ from one another. Let others be whatever they think of us. Whatever i write in this [/align]forum or whatever car I drive does not define who I am.
In conclusion, whatever you are driving at this point in time, Enjoy it!
Being a bit philosophical today. If the article is too big to read, then in short, the conclusion was:

The next time you get into your car and start to feel either a bit cocky or “less than” because of what you drive remember your car has nothing to do with who you are as a person. Maybe you can let someone in front of you who is having a hard time merging into traffic. If someone does something really stupid that ticks you off give them a break. We all do stupid things from time to time when we are behind the wheel. Say a silent prayer that all those driving around you get to their destination safe and sound. Remind yourself that these kinds of acts of kindness define you a whole lot more than the big metal frame that surrounds you.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 08:53am by jitenc.)
25-03-2012 08:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

RE: How does the Evoque define you?

I bought the car because I liked its looks and I wanted an automatic gearbox. On the upside, this comes with 4x4 which I consider to be a bit safer in the winter. Another reason is that I turn 40 this year and it is the first car that I actually buy myself. I guess you can call it midlife crisis. Finally, I couldn't afford the Aston Martin DB9 Smile
25-03-2012 07:01pm
Kimv

Doesn't define you in terms of "good" or "bad" but it sure defines you in terms of priorities you have in life. Although this should be compared to how much money you have.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
25-03-2012 07:17pm
chiggy

I think all your belongings are a representation of what you enjoy in life but I don't think they determine who you are as a person/define who you are as a person.

I do think it represents your personality rather than defining you as a person... not sure if that's what you meant to say though.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 06:05am by chiggy.)
27-03-2012 06:04am
RacingSnake

(25-03-2012 07:01pm)Cedric Wrote:  Finally, I couldn't afford the Aston Martin DB9 Smile
Just a bit OT, but DB9's are starting at around 30k now.... so very much on par with the evoque Wink

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
27-03-2012 07:29am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Michelle

A car doesn't define who you are but i think it can tell a bit about the owner. His/her tastes, what he/she does or doesn't believe in, his/her style, lifestyle, probably his/her ability to afford that car etc.
In fact I am a bit worried that people will think the Evoque defines who I am, that I'm probably a wealthy stupid woman driving a 4x4 for nothing more than taking the kids to school, polluting the world with a big fat car just to show off ...
In my case it shows I have taste ( you'll all agree with that :lolSmile, that i have chosen a secure car (very very important for a mum), yes I can afford it even though it's not reasonable really ( will be paying £570 a month for 4 years with £6500 left to pay at the end and that's with trading my Honda in at the beginning. My husband drives a Toyato Aygo and will keep it for a while so that I / we can have the Evoque ), i do use the 4x4 in the winter and when going up to the mountains, i chose diesel to be a bit more ecofriendly ( and pay less taxes), as for showing off we'll see if I feel proud when I drive it or if I'll feel self conscious and worried Embarrassed about what people think because it does not define me.

There are many many more expensive cars driving around over here that people don't question because they are not so flashy and not Range Rovers.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 09:05am by Michelle.)
27-03-2012 09:00am
miha.m

The first trigger for choosing the Evoque was the looks - really nice (I do not like SUVs other ways !), "sexy", energetic,.... Then I drive it 190HP and 150HP models and it drives REALLY good (my other car is MINI JCW). Then, the design and quality of the interior,... leather,... So it is an excellent looking car which drives very good - a winner. (I had the sam approach, when choosing MINI - excellent looking car (first version of "new MINI") which drives above-exceptionally well (with JCW engine)).
If this defines me as a person who likes to have nice, well made things which do what they are supposed to do very well - let it be Smile

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
02-04-2012 10:04pm
Fish

(25-03-2012 07:01pm)Cedric Wrote:  I bought the car because I liked its looks and I wanted an automatic gearbox. On the upside, this comes with 4x4 which I consider to be a bit safer in the winter. Another reason is that I turn 40 this year and it is the first car that I actually buy myself. I guess you can call it midlife crisis. Finally, I couldn't afford the Aston Martin DB9 Smile

Hi Cedric, exactly the same with me. DB9 but on the other side I was looking at a Mini Countryman S.
But the look, the interior, the space, and the 4x4 made me to go for it. I am getting now 47, haven' t thought about the ml-crisis yet - smth to consider ? Wink
But anyway, it will be my first brand new car ! So why not ?

TD4, tech pack, power fold mirrows, heated seat, ipanema sand, pano roof, xenon, fog,
dark window glas, rear cam, black rails, black rims, black grill & side panels, spare wheel
Date of order: 14.04.2012
Built date: 19.10.12
Date of delivery: 12.12.12 Bow down
23-04-2012 03:41pm
KaDargo

I wanted an XF, the wife wanted a Dodge Ram (always wanted a 4x4 truck) - a compromise perhaps? (plus the fact it is gorgeous!)
We have both worked hard all our lives, raised the family, been skint etc.
So, kids left home (although we still seem to hand over money Sad )
Time for a treat
'nuff said!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
23-04-2012 03:46pm
tetstb

I work hard for what I buy, we all have decisions to make at various points in our lives and that's what defines us as people , not what we drive as thats just the consequence of earlier decisions.

I drive a Honda C-RV when I am in Norway because it does the job in a country where car tax is at least 50% of the cost of the car and I drive an Evoque (when its not in the garage) here and I don't really care what people think.

I don't drive it because its flash, or because I want people to think I've got money as the RR driver stereotype says, I drive it because its practical, should be reasonably economical and because my two Cocker Spaniels can get in the back and it looks just as good caked in mud as it does clean.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
23-04-2012 04:37pm