Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Will You Sell Your Present Car?
cutter7

RE: How Will You Sell Your Present Car?

(26-08-2011 09:13pm)mark_n Wrote:  Secondhand prices are the pits. My RRE is replacing an 88k mile Subaru Impreza WRX which is worth only £3k or so, but much more to me, much faster than the RRE. Thinking of keeping it...

I love the car i have now, (same as you..thinking of keeping it) If it's not sold privately within 3 weeks, then i will cancel my order with JLR.

i wil not accept letting it go to a dealer for £8k,.. Good Luck...

26-08-2011 09:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

I decided to sell the TTS now rather than wait for the inevitable low trade-in offer from my dealer in November. The car was advertised on Pistonheads and Autotrader and attracted a small amount of genuine interest, but also a lot of scam e:mails (buyer abroad wanting to export car etc etc.). These e:mails are so blatant I don't see how any sane person can fall for them, they must though as it seems to be a thriving industry Confused
The car has now been sold to a dealer (James Challis from Cherry Tree Motors in Dudley) who saw the car advertised on Pistonheads. I have to say that the whole deal was very easy and stress free. The price was negotiated via e:mail/phone and the money transfered into my account once he'd travelled up here and inspected the car. I can certainly recommend that you contact him if you are thinking about selling instead of trading in. Website link is: http://www.cherry-motors.com

So the TT is 'dead', long live the Evoque! Very Happy

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
07-09-2011 08:21pm
PhilSkill

Also considering keeping mine, as owned from new, it's a great car well cared for, just been MOT'ed and second hand price doesn't make it worth getting rid. Can put it on TPFT insurance and use as my DIY store/dump and shopping centre car park transport! Try and avoid the dreaded ding from selfish idiots opening their doors carelessly!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-09-2011 09:55pm
forest172

Just managed to sell the gs disco 4 on pistonheads. For 2 grand more than best trade offer. And a grand more than best private offer.

Having to rent now until end Oct. But might buy a toy for a couple of months.

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011 07:35am by forest172.)
08-09-2011 07:34am
ED209

(07-09-2011 08:21pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I decided to sell the TTS now rather than wait for the inevitable low trade-in offer from my dealer in November. The car was advertised on Pistonheads and Autotrader and attracted a small amount of genuine interest, but also a lot of scam e:mails (buyer abroad wanting to export car etc etc.). These e:mails are so blatant I don't see how any sane person can fall for them, they must though as it seems to be a thriving industry Confused
The car has now been sold to a dealer (James Challis from Cherry Tree Motors in Dudley) who saw the car advertised on Pistonheads. I have to say that the whole deal was very easy and stress free. The price was negotiated via e:mail/phone and the money transfered into my account once he'd travelled up here and inspected the car. I can certainly recommend that you contact him if you are thinking about selling instead of trading in. Website link is: http://www.cherry-motors.com

So the TT is 'dead', long live the Evoque! Very Happy

I sold my scirocco back to VW and got a decent price only 400 less than i was about to accept on a private sale. The fact the engine went pop and needed replacing the day i i got a private offer was a factor in this. To be honest i was glad just to get rid. VW did tell me they would advertise my car at 15k though before buying it off me. Guess what ? they lied its currently up for 17k

This was a 13500 mile propery serviced car that hadnt been abused. I am currently using my vx220 as a daily driver whilst looking for a shed estate or small 4x4 to see me through to the evoque arrives. I just keep getting outbid on bloody fleabay.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011 11:35am by ED209.)
08-09-2011 08:13am
kevoque

Just sold my Scirroco 09 2.0Tsi 7800 miles on it 5k more than LR was offering me to months ago so 18.5k in the back pocket sold on autotrader so well worth the wait !!
And that was giving them the car 2 months ago for 13.5k So well worth a couple of weeks in autotrader
Kev
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011 09:38am by kevoque.)
08-09-2011 08:33am
Alex

This has been an ongoing debate for us, do we part exchange with our dealer or sell it privately. We need our car sale prior to collecting the Evoque so we can place a larger deposit. Dealer will nit give us a price until at least one month prior our collection in November.

I'm guessing it may be just a grand difference between PX and selling it private. We only have one car, and hoping to get at least 15-16k so hence why it's important for us to ensure we can get a good price and shift it prior to collection.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
08-09-2011 08:46am
paulus599

(08-09-2011 08:13am)ED209 Wrote:  Original post edited by ED209

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. If you talk to him or read what is on the website, it actually states that he doesn't keep any cars in stock, he simply tracks down cars for customers who have asked him to.
Obviously I can only go off my own experience, but as I say this was a very straight forward and stress free process and a very acceptable deal for me.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 02:35pm by paulus599.)
08-09-2011 12:17pm
ED209

(08-09-2011 12:17pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(08-09-2011 08:13am)ED209 Wrote:  cherry motors contacted me via pistonheads ad about my scirocco, seemed too good to be true, turned out it was. No further emails received after i agreed to let him try and sell my car, ignored my emails asking for info. My opinion is avoid, the fact his website lists every car as sold and hasnt changed for a couple of months is in my opinion an indication something is amiss.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. If you talk to him or read what is on the website, it actually states that he doesn't keep any cars in stock, he simply tracks down cars for customers who have asked him to.
Obviously I can only go off my own experience, but as I say this was a very straight forward and stress free process and a very acceptable deal for me.

The gentleman from cherry has contacted me and apologised (you must have told him about my post) anyway let bygones be bygones i say. The car is gone now and i am now hunting furiously for a winter snotter.
08-09-2011 11:28pm
paulus599

(08-09-2011 11:28pm)ED209 Wrote:  The gentleman from cherry has contacted me and apologised (you must have told him about my post) anyway let bygones be bygones i say. The car is gone now and i am now hunting furiously for a winter snotter.

No I hadn't told him about your post, I had told him when he picked the car up that I would mention his name on the forum though, so obviously he's had a look to see what it was all about.
Pleased it's sorted though as I know how much damage one bad review can do to a business. Good luck with the hunt. Very Happy

09-09-2011 10:15am