Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Houston
ant

Houston

I've been in Houston since Sunday. On the way over I thought "there's bound to be Evoques in Texas?".
I'm in an office on the edge of i10 on the west side of Houston city centre and there must be 200,000 vehicles passing by per day. I had a 1 hr taxi ride from the airport to the hotel and must have clocked thousands of vehicles.
Guess how many Evoques I've seen.

That's right, ...... absolutely none.Laughing

It's still a rare beastie.

Laughing
ANT

Ps only seen 1 FF and 1 Sport too, which is unusual.

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 08:42pm by ant.)
26-10-2011 08:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

RE: Houston

I dont know if many Texans would drive RR in the first place; i know they have a good exotic car scene down there though.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
26-10-2011 09:10pm
wrtau23

Welcome to Houston. I'm in Houston and have an Evouqe (but haven't seen any others). I think you may be missing the presence of RR in Houston due to your location (try Midtown/Kirby/West U/Woodlands). We have 3 RR dealers in Houston alone.
26-10-2011 09:52pm
exigejoe

We have three dealers in a 30 mile radius! LOL!

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
26-10-2011 09:57pm
ant

ALL the cars here are soooooo clean. I guess that's because there's no rain.
However there's rain due this afternoon - just after I fly out. It's also snowing in north Texas - Amarillo whilst it's still sunny and 88' where I am.
I'll keep my eyes peeled on the way to the airport, but not hopefull of a sighting.
Went to the Cheescake factory for a meal last night and got stuffed.
Looking forward to getting home now and back into the Evoque for a nice drive on the weekend.

Flying visit but I will return!!!!

ANT
(26-10-2011 09:52pm)wrtau23 Wrote:  Welcome to Houston. I'm in Houston and have an Evouqe (but haven't seen any others). I think you may be missing the presence of RR in Houston due to your location (try Midtown/Kirby/West U/Woodlands). We have 3 RR dealers in Houston alone.

You might be right, but I'm in the "energy belt" where there's lots of offices - thought I might see some fancy cars here, but other than the odd 'Vette, nothing unusual.
Lots of pick up trucks of course. Only one 'shed' dragging its arse along the freeway - a 1970' something or other in metallic rust colour. Everything else is pretty new and modern. Everyone seems to drive a new car!!!
ANT
PS spotted one more FFRR last night. so that's 3 in total. I spot more than that in St. John's, Newfoundland.LaughingLaughingLaughing

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 03:16pm by ant.)
27-10-2011 03:10pm