Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated Steering Wheel?
Daigriff

RE: Heated Steering Wheel?

I wish I'd specced it...and the auto tailgateSad

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
29-09-2012 05:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

Tempted to consider the conversion to heated. All looks simple enough in the video demo, but damned expensive as retrofit. Alternative is a decent pair of driving gloves Idea hehe!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
29-09-2012 05:34pm
Teetree

Heated Steering Wheel?

(29-09-2012 02:35pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yes they can be retrofitted, it requires a whole new steering wheel and I suspect it may not be plug and play - your friendly local dealership should be able to sell you one or contact Dan@Duckworths

BTW on a cold morning it is a great option to have if your car sits outside overnight. I've had it on my last 3 cars and won't even look at another car that doesn't offer it in the future. It's another of those "you think it's not necessary but proves to be indispensable" options like the powered tailgate.

+1 . I dropped the evoque mats from my order (after a discussion with my better half ). we agreed money s better spent on the heated steering wheel as my wife's hands are always cold. I drive the car the majority of the time and find it extremely useful especially with recent drop in temperature. Both my hands are firmly on the steering wheel now not because I'm a careful driver but because it's a true joy to warm my hands. Invaluable . Same with the tailgate. Saw it on other cars and looked cool but having used its not only cool but so convenient. No more having to grab the dirty tailgate to open it!fantastic!...remote closing would be perfect Smile

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
30-09-2012 03:04am
DaveR

+1 for me as well. Didn't think I would use it much if at all but so glad I specced it as i often pop it on when I first get in the car. Would definitely spec it again.

Missus is very jealous of it. ...may have to hide my keys in winter. Laughing
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 04:46pm by DaveR.)
30-09-2012 04:46pm
Sarcastrix

Mine doesn't warm up at all - I'm guessing it's broken in that case Sad

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
01-10-2012 03:48pm