Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated Seats not switching off?
cjfp

RE: Heated Seats not switching off?

I thought this had been previously covered on babyrr (will search) and that they (wing mirrors) were linked to rear window heater (and outside temp) and hence only clear when this is switched on.

I'm not sure that my seat heaters have ever turned themselves off (will need to double check this though)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 10:18pm by cjfp.)
06-11-2012 04:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(06-11-2012 04:27pm)cjfp Wrote:  I thought this had been previously covered on babyrr (will search) and that they were linked to rear window heater (and outside temp) and hence only clear when this is switched on.

I'm not sure that my seat heaters have ever turned themselves off (will need to double check this though)

Seat heaters certainly don't turn themselves off in my experience.... but then I wouldn't haven't expected them to.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
06-11-2012 04:59pm
PhilSkill

(06-11-2012 04:03pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Could it be that the sensor for the wiper is used to sense the humidity and thus if heat is needed on the the mirrors? Another thing is - when we have really cold mornings here, because the sun shines on my rear screen I don't use the rear screen heater to defrost it, only the front. So that may be why no wing mirror heaters..........
I've just watched Richard Hammond's new program on how animals have contributed to technology (it's in the iPlayer) and one of the things he showed was Hydryophobics. This a is British invention from Abingdon and makes any surface water disperse water (it isn't water proof) using a very clever system developed from the wings of a Central American rain forest butterfly's wing surfaces......... bear with me! He had an iPhone completely treated (ie every component was removed and treated, well that was the implication) and even when he dropped the phone down a toilet it still worked. Now, one of the new technologies on the new L405 FFRR is listed as hydrophobic glass on the side glasses. I think we may already have it on the Evoque as my side windows NEVER have any water "stuck" to them, it just beads off unless it is frozen.............. and I thought it was the Gard-X treatment I had done.

I saw that program too Tim, Yes our Side windows (Just front of 5dr) have this coating, also this is what gTechniq are trying to replicate, probably not exect same technology but similar hydrophobic coatings.

I now have gTechniq on the remaining windows excluding windscreen at present and Even though the mirrors were frozen solid and the doors wouldn't open this morning the windows just wiped off with a rubber edge, barely any frozen water.

I assume you meant the heated seats don't turn off when you try to turn them off, meaning it was a fault?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-11-2012 06:11pm
Teetree

Didn't Toyota back in Jan this year unveil some glass technology that's similar to this in one if their concept cars? Rain-resistant ‘hydrophobic’ coating. Glass is fluorine coated which causes rain drops to form round drops rather than splattering on the windscreen which is better for visibility and for rain drop clearance.

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
06-11-2012 06:52pm
cjfp

(06-11-2012 04:59pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Seat heaters certainly don't turn themselves off in my experience.... but then I wouldn't haven't expected them to.

I should add that my FL2 seat heaters do turn themselves down and finally off after a period.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
06-11-2012 07:19pm
Easty

Re: Heated Seats not switching off?

I thought all heated seats turned down after time? My mb has 3 heated settings. After a while on max it goes to mid then low. Neck warmers do the same..

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
06-11-2012 07:52pm
PhilSkill

Always turned my heated seat down/off before the car, if it does that...?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-11-2012 08:23pm
Stadt Panzer

My D3 and D4 heated seats always turned themselves off. On the Evoque I have always turned them off as my rear is getting to hot!!! Heated mirrors work, although I have always used them in conjunction with the heated rear window.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 08:31pm by Stadt Panzer.)
06-11-2012 08:31pm
invoke

(06-11-2012 02:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Interesting thread has come up on FullFatRR.com about seat heaters failing (OK, these are not new cars!), how ever if your seat heater doesn't switch off in years to come be warned that it will require a whole new seat............ and possibly burned tender bits!
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14535.html

On a different heated topic - I noticed yesterday that my wing mirrors didn't clear when covered with condensation/ thawed out frost............... I'm sure they are supposed to be heated? Can any confirm heated or not please.

If my hands turn into steaks from the steering wheel or or got fried eggs from seats .... that will be a big law suit..

aside joke... no question it will be a recall. any high risk for hazzard (fire in this case or bodily injury), will certainly be not tolerated in US or Canada atleast.

Not sure whats the law in your land ?

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 09:56pm by invoke.)
06-11-2012 09:55pm
J77

Heated mirrors only work when rear windscreen heater is on. I'm sure

Checked manual they come on automatically depending on temperature.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 11:01pm by J77.)
06-11-2012 10:01pm