Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Headlight Condensation
Bruno787

Headlight Condensation

I noticed this past few nights, both my headlamps have condensation on the lower corner portion nearest the grille. There is no rain, weather is kinda humid. I do not see this during the day, only after driving at night.

Is this normal with Evoques?

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
09-08-2012 12:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Headlight Condensation

Its normal with lots of cars, nothing to worry about.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
09-08-2012 12:49pm
NightFox

(09-08-2012 12:49pm)ED209 Wrote:  Its normal with lots of cars, nothing to worry about.

I've had it on other modern LR's I've owned - something to do with Goretex seals on them so they can be submerged in water or something like that IIRC.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
09-08-2012 01:49pm
IKM

(09-08-2012 01:49pm)NightFox Wrote:  I've had it on other modern LR's I've owned - something to do with Goretex seals on them so they can be submerged in water or something like that IIRC.
Never had it on my Freelanders. Question: Is it normal as well to get condensation on rear light cluster as well? Thanks

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
09-08-2012 02:57pm
NightFox

(09-08-2012 02:57pm)IKM Wrote:  Never had it on my Freelanders. Question: Is it normal as well to get condensation on rear light cluster as well? Thanks

I think it even mentioned it in the Freelander 2 manual. Basically if the inside of the light assembly is quite a bit warmer than the outside (especially if you're washing it on a hot day, but basically whenever there's any significant drop in temperature outside), you'll get condensation, which is probably exacerbated by the breathable nature of the Goretex membrames if these are fitted on the Evoque - afraid I don't know. I used to notice it worse on my RRS when it had been sat in the sun all day, once the sun went down I'd get some condensation in the headlights.

If you're driving at night the inside of the headlights will get very hot compared to the cooler night air outside.

Bottom line is it should clear on its own.

In fact just found this thread on the FL2 sister site http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic10091.h...headlights

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 03:54pm by NightFox.)
09-08-2012 03:39pm
IKM

(09-08-2012 03:39pm)NightFox Wrote:  I think it even mentioned it in the Freelander 2 manual. Basically if the inside of the light assembly is quite a bit warmer than the outside (especially if you're washing it on a hot day, but basically whenever there's any significant drop in temperature outside), you'll get condensation, which is probably exacerbated by the breathable nature of the Goretex membrames if these are fitted on the Evoque - afraid I don't know. I used to notice it worse on my RRS when it had been sat in the sun all day, once the sun went down I'd get some condensation in the headlights.

If you're driving at night the inside of the headlights will get very hot compared to the cooler night air outside.

Bottom line is it should clear on its own.

In fact just found this thread on the FL2 sister site http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic10091.h...headlights
Thanks again. It looks like the rear light cluster though shouldn't suffer the same fate.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
09-08-2012 04:04pm