Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have any dealers had their november order call yet?
Big G

RE: Have any dealers had their november order call yet?

(21-11-2011 08:05pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  I'm just baffled by this. How can you have a Jan 24th Build with the current order call when I have a Dec 23rd Build from an order call from months ago? Surely the delays me and many others are seeing will have a knock on effect with Novembers order call build dates.....

I did place order as such beginning Sept.i.e €5k deposit. Sorry didn't know I'd upset you !!Sad

(21-11-2011 09:15pm)Evo-king Wrote:  LDT, I'm really liking this.

"Possibly due to the 24/7 increased shift pattern, build dates are catching up/delays are decreasing?"

Now if the member on this forum who maintains the figures on the "putting some numbers on things" (Philskil) has a recalc maybe there will be some good news for all of us. Problem is I think he took delivery of his Evoque today, so he'll be only interested in one number (1), haha

Keep posting your VIN No new owners.

Dealer told me Halewood now on 3 shifts per day working 24/7.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 10:53pm by Big G.)
21-11-2011 10:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

Help me here please. I've so far only paid £500 deposit (refundable?), but my original build and delivery date was November. It's moved to a build date 9th Dec. Should I have now been requested for the balance or at least a few £k more? Thanks ... Ian

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-11-2011 11:02pm
ED209

(21-11-2011 11:02pm)IKM Wrote:  Help me here please. I've so far only paid £500 deposit (refundable?), but my original build and delivery date was November. It's moved to a build date 9th Dec. Should I have now been requested for the balance or at least a few £k more? Thanks ... Ian

Under no circumstances pay the balance til you have inspected your car.

I paid 1k deposit back in June, when did you pay?
21-11-2011 11:16pm
IKM

(21-11-2011 11:16pm)ED209 Wrote:  Under no circumstances pay the balance til you have inspected your car.

I paid 1k deposit back in June, when did you pay?
Around the same date as you. Just wondered if more had to be paid in order to firm build. Sounds ok. Thanks.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-11-2011 11:27pm
LDT

It appears that deposits vary, to my knowledge, from £500 to £2,000. As I understand it, and I am sure that I will be corrected if I am wrong, provided that the vehicle order has not been placed with JLR, deposits are refundable. Deposit refunds only become an issue when the vehicle specification (in the case of RRE) has been set, or in the case of other marques/models, when an order has been accepted for build.

In such cases dealerships would have no option other than to accept delivery of the vehicle and would cover any potential losses by retaining the deposit.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-11-2011 12:18am
RacingSnake

^ that
Although I was told that my 'anticipated' spec (ie not firmed up), they would have no problem in stocking the car, and therefore my deposit remains refundable until delivery.
22-11-2011 09:48am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

(22-11-2011 12:18am)LDT Wrote:  It appears that deposits vary, to my knowledge, from £500 to £2,000. As I understand it, and I am sure that I will be corrected if I am wrong, provided that the vehicle order has not been placed with JLR, deposits are refundable. Deposit refunds only become an issue when the vehicle specification (in the case of RRE) has been set, or in the case of other marques/models, when an order has been accepted for build.

In such cases dealerships would have no option other than to accept delivery of the vehicle and would cover any potential losses by retaining the deposit.

That's bolllloxxx!

Fair enough the dealer will have to take delivery of the vehicle, but they will be able to sell it for list. They are not going to loose money so it's no excuse to retain the customers deposit.

If your build is delayed, you should be able to get your deposit back. Think of all that interest JLR have been accumulating with all these deposits.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
22-11-2011 10:59am
LDT

(22-11-2011 10:59am)Urban Splash Wrote:  That's bolllloxxx!

Fair enough the dealer will have to take delivery of the vehicle, but they will be able to sell it for list. They are not going to loose money so it's no excuse to retain the customers deposit.

If your build is delayed, you should be able to get your deposit back. Think of all that interest JLR have been accumulating with all these deposits.....

I agree they should easily sell any RRE's for list, but I was stating the legal position. The shortage of RRE's at present make a quick sale easily achievable at list price (or above), but this will not always be the case for this and other cars. In the real world deposit retention is rare, but can happen, hence my post.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-11-2011 11:54am
Urban Splash

Not sure on the legal position. I have not signed anything yet, and LR have not provided any formal terms & conditions regarding deposits....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
22-11-2011 12:24pm
ED209

So sorry for keep banging on but have any dealers had the november call yet?
24-11-2011 01:40pm