Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Happy Motoring?
Wittyusername

RE: Happy Motoring?

Well, you've yet to convince me folks. A few of you seem to have had problem free diving but others seem to put up with it because of the good looks.
I've been out with some lovely looking women in my time but some of them turned out to be total idiots who I could never see myself spending too much time with.
Just hope my Evoque isn't another dumb blonde.
16-02-2013 10:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

Happy Motoring?

I must confess I am very pleased with the car and the handling and power is fine.
I am really pleased that I opted for the Prestige lux as I have all the comfort I need.
If I had a gripe it would be the Sat Nav which whilst adequate, does not match BMW for tour planning where you want to enter multiple destinations. For that I use my Garmin.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
16-02-2013 11:59am
j7david

Very happy with my Evoque, 35mpg SD4 Auto, 17000miles all good, but I don't know why they can't make the SatNav as good as what you can get on an iPad for a fraction of the price.

Yes the rear leg room and bootspace could be better, but that's something we know about before purchasing.

Jan '12 Dynamic SD4 Auto, 19" General Grabber AT, a few options, off to Kenya soon.
16-02-2013 07:21pm
Kojak

(16-02-2013 10:58am)Wittyusername Wrote:  Well, you've yet to convince me folks. A few of you seem to have had problem free diving but others seem to put up with it because of the good looks.
I've been out with some lovely looking women in my time but some of them turned out to be total idiots who I could never see myself spending too much time with.
Just hope my Evoque isn't another dumb blonde.

Like you,
I await my Evoque...
Sure the forum has a lot of negative posts. I came on here to get a fix while I await and the balance is not good.

But,

I had an Audi avant...flawless for me but I waited for all the problems I read in the audi forum to happen and they never did.
More recently I had a porsche then a 3 series BMW...same thing.
I sold the porsche because I was horrified by the IMS bearing saga.

You've paid your deposit, no one here can help you.....lets just hope these problems are a tiny % and nearly all reported.
I'd guess that is pretty close to the truth given human nature.
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 08:21pm by Kojak.)
16-02-2013 08:20pm
Teetree

Happy Motoring?

I also read this forum while waiting for the Evoque and was nervous but glad I didn't cancel my order. Depends on what your priorities are in a vehicle. With the Evoque you get the looks, great drive and handling on the road as well as good off road capabilities too. I was never in any doubt over the snowy periods and was looking forward to testing it out in difficult conditions. It didn't disappoint. Mpg not great but overall I'd say its worth it. Small boot a slight gripe but not a major one for me. I've had no rattles or real problems with the vehicle although not impressed with the service from the LR dealer. To me the Q3 is like the Mini Countryman, pointless. No real sense of purpose. IMHOSmile

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
16-02-2013 09:53pm
Kevp

(15-02-2013 11:48pm)Wittyusername Wrote:  Hi all,
I thought long and hard before ordering my new car, it was a close run thing between an Audi Q3 and an Evoque. In the end I ordered the Evoque.
Looking at the forums I have noticed the Q3 forum is quite a happy place with many satisfied drivers. When I read Evoque forums, I wonder if I've ordered the right car. It's a lovely looking machine but I seem to read about nothing but problems, from rattles to faulty alarms, flat batteries and dodgy paint jobs, rubbish MPG and clueless dealers.
So help me out here folks. Is there anyone who has had a problem free Evoque? Are you a happy Evoque owner? Would you buy another one? Or have I made a very expensive mistake?

I am definitely a very happy Evoque owner. Don't be put off by all the negativity on this forum. Although this is a great forum with some really helpful hints and tips , there are obviously some people who have had bad experiences and sometimes this may put people off.I've had mine 4 months and covered 5000 miles, although it's still early days for me , I can't fault anything except the mpg but that's been discussed a million times here. I certainly don't regret buying my evoque and that's after 10 years of owning a faultless bmw. The way it looks , the way it drives are just superb. I can't believe some people are moaning about the size! Things like mpg are not going to be discovered till after purchase , but size , what did they look at when viewing at the showroom!
You haven't made an expensive mistake, hope you enjoy it.

Arrived Oct2012: Pure 5door SD4 baltic blue/ebony /20" style 6 /pano roof /front fogs/powerfold mirrors/privacy glass/front parking aid.
16-02-2013 11:47pm
Kojak

(16-02-2013 11:47pm)Kevp Wrote:  I can't believe some people are moaning about the size! what did they look at when viewing at the showroom!

Exactly....

I've seen a few posts that kind if say.....
I want to buy this....but be warned, if its not like the one I didn't buy with extra features or doesn't have something else i'm gonna moan.
Oh and by the way if you can't fit a TV into the head rests after I bought it without, it must be your fault.

Whistle

Koj
17-02-2013 09:37am
JohnM

I am the same I have bought a 2 door coupe I know the front electric seats take a bit of time going forward and back, I'm aware the boot is not the biggest, if I want a bigger boot I would have bought an X3/Q5, also happy with diesel MPG, wives present 120d converible averages 33 mpg around town, official figures are a work of fiction from most manufacturers, we are totally shallow and have bought on style & looks alone Surprised
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 10:04am by JohnM.)
17-02-2013 10:03am
muff

Happy Motoring?

Had mine 3 months. 2,500 miles. Delighted. Does exactly what I bought it for. Faultless. Average town driving 30mpg which I think is superb for a 4x4. Just did an off road experience in the Evoque and was seriously impressed. Unfortunately, Internet forums are often a place where you only ever hear negatives and this one is sometimes spoiled by a small minority. Enjoy the car when it comes. You will be delighted
17-02-2013 10:16am
speary

Mine has been back tot he dealers twice in 11 months. My last Audi A5 went back 8 times in the first year and continued to have regular visits over the following 3 years
So far then the Evoque is more dealer shy than my previous 2 new audis and 1 new BMW

TBH whatever you buy,if you go on the relevant forum you will find out what most of the problems are and also some of the good points.

If you buy the q3 I feel that you would regret it every time you see an Evoque which would spoil the ownership of your q3

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
17-02-2013 05:23pm