Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Landrover Experience - West Country - near Honiton
Misfit

Landrover Experience - West Country - near Honiton

Finally made it to the offroad experience......AMAZING!!!!!

What a fantastic venue. All around natural woodlands with plenty of challenges.

I learnt about lots of new features on my car that I didn't know I had, and more importantly got to see what the car is properly capable of and learnt how to make it do them.

Having a wheel hanging 3 ft in the air and still being able to drive off. Testing the hill descent and traction control - very useful in the current snowy conditions and has given me the confidence that I was lacking on slippery slopes. I would never have thought to use the hill descent in reverse if I didn't make it up the hill the first time around.

Being driven sideways along a 30 degree slope that felt more like 45 was impressive.

Great location, very very helpful and knowledgeable staff. The demonstrations and explanations before being let loose were very thorough.

I would love to do it all again for sure. If I hadn't already bought an evoque I'd be straight down to the dealership. I didn't think it was possible, but I love my car even more now.

Santorini Black Dynamic SD4. Privacy glass, keyless entry, black headlining, spare wheel. Delete engine badge. Downgraded to style 5 wheels.
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 10:15pm by Misfit.)
24-01-2013 08:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Landrover Experience - West Country

Was this Eastnor Castle or the one down in Exeter?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-01-2013 09:49pm
Trapdoor

RE: Landrover Experience - West Country

I've got a voucher and am thinking of doing the one at Honiton. Wonder if yours was at this centre.

No time to book it in yet, but with a fair wind may get the chance in March, which is when the dealer reckons my Evoque will be in ... Seems somewhat optimistic as I'm only placing the order tomorrow.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
24-01-2013 10:05pm
Misfit

RE: Landrover Experience - West Country - near Honiton

It was the one near Honiton in Devon.

Santorini Black Dynamic SD4. Privacy glass, keyless entry, black headlining, spare wheel. Delete engine badge. Downgraded to style 5 wheels.
24-01-2013 10:15pm
griff

RE: Landrover Experience - West Country - near Honiton

Looking forward to this.
I have been to Luton Hoo for a half day, care of my dealer twice, but it was all a bit sales orientated rather than learning real offroad skills so I'm off to Honiton on the 26th Feb for a whole day in an Evoque rather than the RRS I drove last time.

Really looking forward to learning how the car really performs because I dread going into a muddy field or wood and not being able to get out.

Any tips from you experienced offroaders?

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
31-01-2013 05:17pm