Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grey plastic trim
RogB

Grey plastic trim

Hi all,

does the grey plastic boot strip on a 2012 Pure, and the front/rear bumper inserts (3 piece around the towing eye covers) just clip straight off ? Also the chrome/silver strip on the door mouldings. ?

I know the front and rear tow eye covers just have a couple of screw clips and somehow unclip so apparently quick and easy.

Im looking at blacking out all the plastics on as low a budget as possible.

I have the option of a compete black grill and vent kit on Ebay, or getting it all sprayed at a local body shop.

But if it all pops off easily enough ill do it myself

any advice much appreciated

cheers

Rog

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
25-11-2016 10:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dang

RE: Grey plastic trim

it is somehow bonded on. however it does pop off quite easily. i have done the same as your suggesting but it does have to be bonded back on

should have also said that side mouldings are clipped on so do come off easily. i bought a black grill as my mate reckoned the grill would be a pain to get a good finish
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2016 01:05pm by dang.)
25-11-2016 01:03pm
RogB

how about the side vents and bumper inserts ? are they bonded too?

im happy to drop it into a local body shop ive used before to do the boot trim and the bumper inserts if it involves bonding back,

the ebay shop selling the black pack stuff is offering a black gloss grill, dummy bonnet vents, and 2 piece side vents

I know the grill is easy to come off, ill get black lettering etc sorted myself

cheers for response Dang

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

25-11-2016 01:34pm
dang

the side vents are clipped on. they are easily painted as were the trims on the doors. powerful u.k. have a lot of videos on youtube about removing various bits off the evoque
25-11-2016 07:54pm
RogB

cheers Dang much appreciated, Ill look into it as its something I really want doing having seen quite a few black pack, black Evoques about

29-11-2016 08:58am