Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Review from Germany
mark_n

Good Review from Germany

No sour grapes from the Germans in this review from "Off Road" magazine, http://www.off-road.de. My translations...

The item is called "A Real Athlete" and the mast-head reads:

This looks good! At last, a refreshing new arrival which breaks the SUV monotony and wakens all the senses

The last two paragraphs read:

Low weight makes dynamic performance possible and lightweight build underpins the whole concept. No wonder then that there are no many-cylinder engines under the bonnet. Instead there's a 2.2 litre turbodiesel with two power settings, 150 and 190 PS. The real scoop though is the 2.0 turbocharged petrol engine which makes 240 PS. With a lightning quick response to the gas pedal, it pulls powerfully from 2000 rpm and raises the question why only diesels have been in demand in recent years.

You don't need to be a prophet to forecast the sales success of the Evoque. A such surprising car, so surprisingly enjoyable doesn't hit the 4X4 scene every day.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 07:41am by mark_n.)
13-09-2011 07:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

RE: Good Review from Germany

Thanks for the translation! I like the "lightning quick response to the gas pedal" for the petrol Smile
Good news as diesel is not an option for the Evoque in Canada - but gas is semi-affordable here (about $1.45 per litre). I have had an Audi A3 TDI in the past but it's performance was ....well.... I only kept it for 6 weeks lol!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
14-09-2011 10:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply