Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gloss trim on Dynamic
Bowl

RE: Gloss trim on Dynamic

(07-08-2012 08:58am)wavey.dave Wrote:  Just to clarify, these were there when I picked her up (I guess). So should I approach the dealer about changing it?

Yes you should, and I don't think this part is prone to making squeaks.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
07-08-2012 09:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

(07-08-2012 08:58am)wavey.dave Wrote:  Just to clarify, these were there when I picked her up (I guess). So should I approach the dealer about changing it?

I can't imagine they would do much for you, proving when and where the scratches appeared would be difficult now.

Either live with it or get some product which might polish it out, e.g G Tech P2, or the like.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-08-2012 08:56pm
wavey.dave

Emailed the dealership, they have booked it in for Thursday to replace the part!
07-08-2012 09:11pm
Evo-king

Good for you.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-08-2012 09:26pm
mark_n

Does highlight that the RRE is not especially durable, mostly down to soft or easily deformed plastics. I had a wheel arch surround damaged from a minor impact from a door, cheap to replace but I would much rather it was more durable in the first place. The high gloss plastics inside are also vulnerable.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-08-2012 03:03am
jitenc

I feel we should all bubble wrap the car... I don't mind a few scratches... When I detail the car, they will all be looked after... Go and enjoy the car....

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
08-08-2012 06:28am
wavey.dave

Just got back from the dealer. They can't replace just the surround, its the whole centre console. Took a bit longer than expected but happy that its done. Hats off to Stratstone Swansea for very good service.
09-08-2012 02:23pm
IKM

(09-08-2012 02:23pm)wavey.dave Wrote:  Just got back from the dealer. They can't replace just the surround, its the whole centre console. Took a bit longer than expected but happy that its done. Hats off to Stratstone Swansea for very good service.
Yep, bought my winter wheels and tyres from them. Really helpful team there.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
09-08-2012 02:44pm