Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gap Insurance
kam100

RE: Gap Insurance

(23-07-2012 07:35pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  I have it through dealer (£550), for 4 years (was 3, but extended following 1st year guarentee). Made sure I got "return to invoice" gap though, as I had alot of options added, did not want the ordinary gap as this does not always cover RTI.
I just wanted peace of mind and not arguments if it came down to debate. Purchasing from the dealer will make them fight on my behalf, if it is ever required.

I am sure you can shop around and get a better quote, but make sure it is RTI -GAP, as then you should get what you paid (remember for 4 years) and not what the market value is for a standard vehicle (without the options you chose).

All of our policies are RTI also. The dealer will place their policies through a 3rd party insurer, as we do. Landrover used to use the same insurer as us. Purchasing through a company like us would give you a personal service as you have an account manager looking after your case, so if it ever came down to a debate or an argument regarding the policy, you would only be dealing with one person who will fight your case for you.
Our policies are also transferable, so if you were to change your car within the period of your policy then it can be transfered to your new vehicle for only a small admin fee, which is currently £35. Not all policies offer this. Also our policies offer £250 towards your insurance policy excess.

Just for your information we could offer a RTI policy on a vehicle value of £40k to £60k for a 4 year policy with a £25k claim limit for £220 OR a RTI policy on a vehicle value of £40k to £60k for a 4 year policy with a £50k claim limit for £360.
24-07-2012 11:09am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kam100

Website now back live after ABI reg changes..

http://www.gapinsuranceuk.net..
20-08-2012 01:36pm
enigma

(20-08-2012 01:36pm)kam100 Wrote:  Website now back live after ABI reg changes..

http://www.gapinsuranceuk.net..

Hi,

Would you kindly explain the differences between GAP and RTI

Thank you
20-08-2012 10:13pm
Evo-king

Also do you do vehicle replacement cover?

i.e. Pays the difference between vehicle value at the point of total loss and the cost of a replacement vehicle.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-08-2012 10:23pm
Barton Evoque

Well after saying i wouldn't buy this i decided to take gap insurance today thought with a high value car it was worth it for 3 years peace of mind.cost £399 spread over 12 months

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
17-09-2012 08:39pm
smayo

(17-09-2012 08:39pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  Well after saying i wouldn't buy this i decided to take gap insurance today thought with a high value car it was worth it for 3 years peace of mind.cost £399 spread over 12 months

Ouch. I've got a quote of £185 vehicle replacement cover (new car, like for like spec or as close as you can get at the time) for 3 years cover, and they pay your excess.
The company I've picked featured in Which magazine, covers cars up to the value of £180k and up to 4years cover.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
17-09-2012 08:55pm
Barton Evoque

ah well its bought now needed to decided so took it out there and then.just wondering weather to do the service plan now £35 a month covering all future servicing.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2012 08:59pm by Barton Evoque.)
17-09-2012 08:59pm
smayo

(17-09-2012 08:59pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  ah well its bought now needed to decided so took it out there and then.just wondering weather to do the service plan now £35 a month covering all future servicing.

I'm sure there will be a 7 day cooling off period if you do want to change your mind and save a couple of hundred quid.
Also forgot to say there was a £25k claim limit on my quote but you can pay a bit more and have no claim limit.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
17-09-2012 09:01pm
kam100

Just a quick post to remind people that Gap Insurance UK are still going strong offering very competitive prices and 0% payments over 12 months.
At Gap Insurance UK our aim is to provide industry leading gap insurance direct to the consumer market. Cutting out dealers and other middle men, we provide low cost, full cover gap insurance. Similar to those offered at car dealerships across the UK and other websites; our gap insurance policies are underwritten direct from a large European Insurance Company provided at a highly competitive rate.
Take a look at our website to get a quote…
26-10-2012 03:06pm
enigma

Would you kindly explain any differences between GAP insurance and RTI

Thank you
26-10-2012 09:34pm