Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GTechniq New Car Detailing
Fordste

GTechniq New Car Detailing

Any of you guys got experience with the GTechniq products?

Expecting to pick my Fuji White Dynaminc in Jan and would like to get it detailed ASAP. Picking the car up from Mid Wales but unsure whether the dealership would allow another company on their premises since they tried to sell me the AutoGlym Lifeshine. Alternative would be to get the job done more local to myself in Wolverhampton, West Midlands.

Any advise would be most appreciated
11-12-2013 08:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: GTechniq New Car Detailing

Yes, great product range.
Going for a paint sealant is better than wax on white paint work, so having the car coated with there C1 & than buying some C2v3 as a top up (just spray to on & wipe off) will make the most of your colour.

If you search for there web page (not adding a link, as there already get too much trade from this site). It will list all the detailers in your area which can give a warranty on this product. There not all listed, but if you give Rob a phone call he will give you details of local detailers that he supply's in your area.

If you search on babyrr, there's some great advice on this product Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 09:44pm by doug.)
11-12-2013 09:43pm
Wife's car

My Evoque was detailed at the dealers, by a franchised GTechniq detailer, ask the dealers, they can only say no....you have the power, it's the dealer that wants the sale, I would insist on it.
12-12-2013 09:16am
speary

Gtechniq is great, its the easiest and longest lasting product I have ever used
One bit of advice: Preparation is everything (I don't think Main dealers do this bit)
My routine 2 -3 times a year
Wash the car, apply IronX, wash again, apply a tar remover, wash again, go over with a soft to medium clay bar, wash again, dry completely then apply Gtechniq C2 v3, two coats
for a top up just spray a little C2 on the wet car and dry
Car is washed every week using Gtechniq car shampoo.

The first time I applied IronX I was amazed at how much crap it removed, especially off the tailgate

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-12-2013 03:49pm
m_101

Yeah when I had mine detailed the IronX fallout even after a couple of washes was ridiculous, turned parts of the car quite purple! They detailed mine with finish kare 1000p, which looked great in July when it was done and still looks good after a wash. Still beads and sheets very well after a wash too.
I'm thinking next time I get mine done (probably in the summer) I'll go for a coat of Gtechniq, sounds like it's pretty good!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2013 10:56am by m_101.)
14-12-2013 10:55am
PhilSkill

I had Iron fallout causing yellow dots all over my Fuji along with tar everywhere, since doing a full and careful prep and coating C1 and Exo, I've had very little contamination on the car since!

Highly recommend gTechniq products!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-12-2013 12:22pm