Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Service
AAA86

First Service

Hey everyone,

I just booked my appointment for the first service for MY2013 Si4 coupe. I hope this dealer will be good to me since they are the only one available to within 1000km radius.

Is there anything I should get there attention to/or advise to check/look at while its there!?

I double checked the Topix website and there are 2 service bulletins outstanding for software upgrades. The only thing in my mind for me to tell them to look at is also the fact that my radiator fluid keeps going down from time to time and it flagged 3 times before and I just kept on topping it off!

Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
30-04-2014 09:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: First Service

It sounds like you might have a minor coolant leak, so definitely worth flagging it up with the dealer. Otherwise, it's a minor maintenance job, oil and a couple of filters but a good opportunity to apply software updates which should happen automatically but worth mentioning it to them so they know you are aware they might exist.

1000km radius? Goodness, you must live in a remote part of Canada. Either that, or LR needs to expand its dealer network. Basic maintenance can be done by a competent service centre - but best left until the warranty has expired. Pity you have to travel all that way for what is about an hour's work!

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 06:11am by mark_n.)
02-05-2014 06:11am
AAA86

First Service

I live in the atlantic so there is only one dealer to service all 3 provinces 😐😕! Am glade they are good though!!

I got my car back and they were impressed about the fact that I know about Topix lol!

They told me that they updated all the software outstanding, and what a change!!!! The car is way smoother and quieter for some reason!!

They told that they topped off the coolant and they ordered some parts for me and I will have to bring the car back for them to have a closer look and if there is anything that needs to be fixed they will have all the parts required! I was pretty happy with them, and they will provide a loaner for that service!
The only thing though is that when i picked the car up a rattle appeared and its driving me insane! So am going to ask them to look into that too!
03-05-2014 11:21pm