Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A couple of problems....
tyke2

RE: A couple of problems....

(22-05-2012 07:57am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  My drivers door did the same after two weeks, but it was clear all that was needed was to retighted the bolt that holds the door stay to the a pillar. Thought about taking it to the dealer but for 10 secs work did it myself. Checked the other doors at the same time and not been a problem since.

I have exactly the same on mine. Its the bolt that fastens the stay to the door on the drivers side. Its happened twice now, perhaps I didnt tighten it enough the first time.

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
22-05-2012 03:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

(22-05-2012 01:45pm)alibeau Wrote:  Interesting! Strange thing is, the door didn't look out of line at all, I haven't checked if it does now, or I wonder if it just wouldn't be as obvious on a black car?

I'll have a look later.

Dealer said they would look at any software updates whilst it is in Thumbs Up

Ali.

Exactly the same issue, dealer couldn't work out how to fix it hence JLR were called in to inspect it and fix it.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
22-05-2012 08:15pm
BFGEvoqueMan

My problem was just the stay and nothing to do with the hinges/alignement; it closed properly just creaked as the stay moved against the pillar.

As an aside does anyone know what causes this suspension problem. I have had a scrapping/mudlap fouling wheel sound a couple of times when I have reversed out of a parking space on full lock and then gone on 3/4+ lock the other way to go forward. First time it happened I thought what have I driven over, next couple of times I have just driven on. There is no pattern to it and no hope of repeating it on demand at the dealers? Does it have anything to do with the haldex coupling?? I am not concerned about it (yet) but if it gets worse would be keen to know more so as to be more informed before taking it to the stealers.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 11:44am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
23-05-2012 11:43am
stepan.aser

A couple of problems....

(22-05-2012 08:15pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Exactly the same issue, dealer couldn't work out how to fix it hence JLR were called in to inspect it and fix it.

xxxx5, how "Old" is your car, my wife has similar problems (built feb 2012)- driver's door not closing well, dealer tried to do something but did not help much...and afterwards the wind noise started... Since then dealer keeps trying to fix at least the wind noise it by changing various parts (door seal, A pillar cover...) but w/o success it is very frustrating Sad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
23-05-2012 08:09pm
xxxx5

(22-05-2012 02:05pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Was there any wind noise associated / reduction of wind noise post realignment?

No, never had any wind noise.
(23-05-2012 08:09pm)stepan.aser Wrote:  xxxx5, how "Old" is your car, my wife has similar problems (built feb 2012)- driver's door not closing well, dealer tried to do something but did not help much...and afterwards the wind noise started... Since then dealer keeps trying to fix at least the wind noise it by changing various parts (door seal, A pillar cover...) but w/o success it is very frustrating Sad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Car was built early Jan 12. Dealer called JLR when they realised they just couldn't fix it, I would push this ASAP.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 09:15pm by xxxx5.)
23-05-2012 09:12pm
alibeau

Received my Evoque back last night.....

Drivers door all sorted. A slight bit of wind noise had developed when the hinge started to play up, this noise has now gone Smile

They could not replicate the 'scraping noise' when going over speed bumps but to be fair the noise had recently become intermittent....

Car returned gleaming Very Happy

All good Smile

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
30-05-2012 11:14am
J77

My evoque has now developed the door hinge problem, now sounds like a £100 banger when closing the drivers door. Hopefully get it booked in for Wednesday.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
12-08-2012 10:32pm
alibeau

(12-08-2012 10:32pm)J77 Wrote:  My evoque has now developed the door hinge problem, now sounds like a £100 banger when closing the drivers door. Hopefully get it booked in for Wednesday.

Hope they sort it out quickly for you, I was a little embarrassed when mine was creaking, like you say, sounded like an old banger!

Just to add, the problem has not recurred....

Ali Smile

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
13-08-2012 02:44am