Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Finally Got Build Date!
THEMACS

Finally Got Build Date!

Well I got the news I didn't want today.

Dealer said that the build date was between mid-end of MarchCryingCrying, which obviously means end of March!!

He did say that he expected it to come forward and they received a car yesterday that was only expected mid Feb! So some hopeLaughingLaughing

We have been expecting a 1 March delivery since we placed our deposit 7 MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How some people have ordered Sept/Oct 2011 and got their cars or have build confirmations before ours is seriously beyond me.

LR need to sort their Shitty system and take some serious lessons from their Superior German Rivals!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 10:00pm by THEMACS.)
24-01-2012 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Finally Got Build Date!

I understand your frustration, why they can't manufacture cars based on date of placed order priority is beyond me.

Sounds too simple, but there is this antiquated loyalty/dealer priority system instead, and what make matter worse is private buyers are competing with business/company sales.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 10:49pm by Evo-king.)
24-01-2012 10:49pm
LDT

+1. As posted previously, the awful system will no doubt put people off buying LR again.

THEMACS - Fingers crossed that you will receive an earlier build date and get a surprise phone call.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
24-01-2012 10:52pm
Evo-king

(24-01-2012 10:52pm)LDT Wrote:  +1. As posted previously, the awful system will no doubt put people off buying LR again.

THEMACS - Fingers crossed that you will receive an earlier build date and get a surprise phone call.

I think we should call it the 'heart attack call":lol:Laughing

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-01-2012 10:59pm
Straydox

(24-01-2012 09:59pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Well I got the news I didn't want today.

Dealer said that the build date was between mid-end of MarchCryingCrying, which obviously means end of March!!

He did say that he expected it to come forward and they received a car yesterday that was only expected mid Feb! So some hopeLaughingLaughing

We have been expecting a 1 March delivery since we placed our deposit 7 MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How some people have ordered Sept/Oct 2011 and got their cars or have build confirmations before ours is seriously beyond me.

LR need to sort their Shitty system and take some serious lessons from their Superior German Rivals!!

Oh dear, reading this it seems that some folks don't understand how the ordering bit works?

LR's order process IS the same as the German franchises in that they work off allocations of order slots to dealers - order date doesn't actually count for much at all.

So if you don't understand the process (and clearly quite a few people don't) then you could be in for a long wait for your car. One of the dealerships I spoke to before designating the supplying dealer for order (it's a company car) said they had 70 customer orders that they were waiting for allocation slots for...... and quoted August 2012 on a December 2011 order.

So - and this is really important - before you place an order ask the dealer how many orders are in front of yours if you placed the order today - it's a fair question. Some dealers get bigger allocations than others too. The dealer may only reduce his unallocated order pool by 5 or 6 cars a month - don't forget the Evoque is on sale all over the world and they only make them at Halewood...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 01:22am by Straydox.)
25-01-2012 01:16am
MartinP

I think Straydox is spot on here. LR dealers are allocated a certain number of cars per month. Demand in certain areas has been very high and has created a long lead time. If you can find a dealer without a great demand the lead time reduces. I found this when I was looking - dealers in large cities with a large potential customer base had long timings whereas a dealer in a quiter part of the country had a shorter one. It's just a case of supply and demand and if you are not happy with what you are qouted then shop around. The product is currently very popular but this is unlikely to continue forever and when demand falls off lead times will reduce.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
25-01-2012 11:45am
broady43

(25-01-2012 11:45am)MartinP Wrote:  I think Straydox is spot on here. LR dealers are allocated a certain number of cars per month. Demand in certain areas has been very high and has created a long lead time. If you can find a dealer without a great demand the lead time reduces. I found this when I was looking - dealers in large cities with a large potential customer base had long timings whereas a dealer in a quiter part of the country had a shorter one. It's just a case of supply and demand and if you are not happy with what you are qouted then shop around. The product is currently very popular but this is unlikely to continue forever and when demand falls off lead times will reduce.

This is true.I first went to a dealer in York and the delivery time was 10 months so I went to a smaller dealer in the countryside and the wait was only 5 months.Placed order!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
25-01-2012 12:15pm
THEMACS

(25-01-2012 01:16am)Straydox Wrote:  Oh dear, reading this it seems that some folks don't understand how the ordering bit works?

LR's order process IS the same as the German franchises in that they work off allocations of order slots to dealers - order date doesn't actually count for much at all.

So if you don't understand the process (and clearly quite a few people don't) then you could be in for a long wait for your car. One of the dealerships I spoke to before designating the supplying dealer for order (it's a company car) said they had 70 customer orders that they were waiting for allocation slots for...... and quoted August 2012 on a December 2011 order.

So - and this is really important - before you place an order ask the dealer how many orders are in front of yours if you placed the order today - it's a fair question. Some dealers get bigger allocations than others too. The dealer may only reduce his unallocated order pool by 5 or 6 cars a month - don't forget the Evoque is on sale all over the world and they only make them at Halewood...

Are you a School Teacher, do you think you are talking to a 4 year old!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 01:31pm by THEMACS.)
25-01-2012 12:16pm
DT

(25-01-2012 12:16pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Are you a School Teacher, do you think you are talking to a 4 year old, you condescending *!$%!Evil

Haven't seen aggressive comments like yours on this forum before. Please leave it out. I personally
don't think it's justified with respect.
25-01-2012 01:24pm
THEMACS

(25-01-2012 01:24pm)DT Wrote:  Haven't seen aggressive comments like yours on this forum before. Please leave it out. I personally
don't think it's justified with respect.

Many Apologies, sorry if I upset you. Think I may find it better to leave this Forum for a while as I tend to be taking my Extreme Frustrations out on here, and reading peoples responses in a Negative way.

25-01-2012 01:30pm