Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feedbacks from Element interior's owners
Irad

Feedbacks from Element interior's owners

Hi all,

I have ordered an Orkney Grey Prestige with Element interior because I wanted something very lightful inside the car, especially with the panoramic glass roof.

But the thing is that, after thinking about it, I am a little afraid that the leather will get dirty very quickly.

So I would very appreciated if people that have taken the Element interior too could share their experience and feedbacks.

For instance, do jeans ord belts mark the seats? How often do you need to clean the seats? Are the baby towels enough to keep it clean? Are the seats getting loose after a while?

Depending on your feedbacks, I may keep it as it is or change for a black leather interior. And, in that case, I would take the Dynamic version instead because it is more sporty and available in black leather as well.

Thank you very much for your experience-sharing!

Cheers,
Irad

Ordered: 5-door Prestige Orkney grey - 20' style 6 alloys - Element interior - Black panoramic roof - Expected delivery: June 30, 2012
17-04-2012 10:28am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

RE: Feedbacks from Element interior's owners

I have opted for light interiors for many years, and have not experienced any problems. I get the leather treated by a detailer at the outset, and from then on upkeep is straightforward - I keep leather wipes in the car. I personally have never had problems with dye transfer, although I know that some on the forum have.

I've not had the car long enough to say if the leather will loosen with wear.

I hope that helps.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-04-2012 10:51am
Straydox

I started out with Element too (it looks fabulous in the showroom) and then started finding posts here and other sites the suggested that dye-transfer could be an issue onto the leather seat facings. I have a preference for blue clothing, jeans, sweatshirts etc - plus will use the car for transport to and from shooting grounds so will be in rugged outdoor clothing. From all accounts LR provide leather wipes and the seats clean up nicely. The other concern and the one that clinched a change to Vibe (Black) is that the light coloured door cards and plastics around the seats and centre console mark really easily from shoe scuffs.

My wife and I decided that much though we didn't want another black toomb to drive around (many prior Audi S-Lines) in again that the Black was just so much more practical and easier to keep looking good - and that was the point I ordered a Pano roof to lighten the interior. Having had cars with black headliners for a while - and thinking that a Cirrus headliner would be nice and light when I saw it for real it just looked wrong (it's what you are used to I guess) so ordered the Ebony upgrade.

Black does show all the dust (and I have a dry skin condition too to make matters worse) but at least it quickly wipes clean.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
17-04-2012 10:51am
Irad

(17-04-2012 10:51am)Straydox Wrote:  I started out with Element too (it looks fabulous in the showroom) and then started finding posts here and other sites the suggested that dye-transfer could be an issue onto the leather seat facings. I have a preference for blue clothing, jeans, sweatshirts etc - plus will use the car for transport to and from shooting grounds so will be in rugged outdoor clothing. From all accounts LR provide leather wipes and the seats clean up nicely. The other concern and the one that clinched a change to Vibe (Black) is that the light coloured door cards and plastics around the seats and centre console mark really easily from shoe scuffs.

My wife and I decided that much though we didn't want another black toomb to drive around (many prior Audi S-Lines) in again that the Black was just so much more practical and easier to keep looking good - and that was the point I ordered a Pano roof to lighten the interior. Having had cars with black headliners for a while - and thinking that a Cirrus headliner would be nice and light when I saw it for real it just looked wrong (it's what you are used to I guess) so ordered the Ebony upgrade.

Black does show all the dust (and I have a dry skin condition too to make matters worse) but at least it quickly wipes clean.

When reading your post, I totally see myself in the same situation!

I too am used to black interior cars (I currently own a black outside/black inside Audi) and I really want to change from that "classic" interior to get something more lively.

So I saw the light interiors of Prestige as an opportunity to finally have a very light car, especially with the pano roof and all that light leather on the seats, the board and the door side.

But what you tell me really makes me rethink the whole configuration. In addition to that, my wife and I don't have kids for the moment, but we do have my niece and nephew with us pretty often (respectively 3, 9 and 11). So the shoes on the door side is something to consider.

Considering your experience, I'll have one additional question: is the pano roof enough to enlight the black interior? Especially with the small size of the windows.

Thanks for your reply! Smile

Irad
(17-04-2012 10:51am)LDT Wrote:  I have opted for light interiors for many years, and have not experienced any problems. I get the leather treated by a detailer at the outset, and from then on upkeep is straightforward - I keep leather wipes in the car. I personally have never had problems with dye transfer, although I know that some on the forum have.

I've not had the car long enough to say if the leather will loosen with wear.

I hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply LDT!
Do you have any problems with the door side?

Ordered: 5-door Prestige Orkney grey - 20' style 6 alloys - Element interior - Black panoramic roof - Expected delivery: June 30, 2012
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 11:37am by Irad.)
17-04-2012 11:35am
Straydox

The Pano roof makes a huge difference to amount of light that floods the interior for sure - hence the selection.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
17-04-2012 11:41am
Irad

(17-04-2012 11:41am)Straydox Wrote:  The Pano roof makes a huge difference to amount of light that floods the interior for sure - hence the selection.

Thanks... I'll call the LR dealer and will try to see if he has a black interior visible with pano roof.

I really love the Element interior but I can't stop thinking that if it gets dirty quickly, it will ruin the whole benefit.

Black is less sexy and elegant but at least it would last longer in good state.

17-04-2012 11:58am
Straydox

You are in the same place as me now - I feared I'd rapidly regret my decision of putting Elegance over practicality. Now If LR ever did the Element with black door cards and seat backs/bases and the centre console then I'd reconsider....

17-04-2012 12:30pm
Irad

(17-04-2012 12:30pm)Straydox Wrote:  You are in the same place as me now - I feared I'd rapidly regret my decision of putting Elegance over practicality. Now If LR ever did the Element with black door cards and seat backs/bases and the centre console then I'd reconsider....

I totally get what you say... Now, you know like me that LR is not very flexible in terms of combination (both internal or external). Considering the price of the Evoque (can easily reach EUR50,000 and more), I would have appreciated more liberty in the interior and exterior personalization, as Mercedes can do for instance

17-04-2012 01:14pm
LDT

(17-04-2012 11:35am)Irad Wrote:  Thank you for your reply LDT!
Do you have any problems with the door side?

A couple of odd marks from my 14 year old nieces and 13 year old nephew, but nothing that cannot be removed with a quick wipe. Eating and drinking in the car is strongly discouraged, but if they do, they are very careful!! They have been trained over the years!

I also have two small dogs (Chihuahuas) and no problems with them, although they do have car seats!

Good luck with your decision. All colourways look good, so I am sure you will be happy with whatever you choose.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-04-2012 01:22pm
Donny Dog

(17-04-2012 11:58am)Irad Wrote:  Thanks... I'll call the LR dealer and will try to see if he has a black interior visible with pano roof.

I really love the Element interior but I can't stop thinking that if it gets dirty quickly, it will ruin the whole benefit.

Black is less sexy and elegant but at least it would last longer in good state.

Have no fear of the light leather, I wear blue jeans all the time and often wear a waxed jacket and have no problem whatsoever with the Element interior. I haven't yet even found the need to wipe the upholstery, let alone clean it. I've had similar coloured leather for 30 years in various cars and also never had a problem, same with the doors. If you are reasonably careful with it (for example, not sitting on a mucky bench, then getting straight into the car without dusting yourself off, and pulling your foot in to avoid scuffing the door) you'll be fine. Also, if you have memory seats, I'd suggest using one of the seat settings at a fully low position for getting in and out, as the easy entry doesn't lower it very far (and it saves you rubbing across the seat so much).

(I have OG as well, and the combination is brilliant).
17-04-2012 01:24pm