Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Feedback about the owners manual.....
paulus599

RE: Feedback about the owners manual.....

(08-06-2011 11:02pm)vision*R Wrote:  It is certainly true that the car is cheaper in the UK (with the same specs).
We have less standard equipment AND we have to pay more to get some of the options.

Really, I'm surprised. Traditionaly cars have cost a lot more over here and there certainly used to be a roaring trade in importing RHD UK spec cars from Europe (I had even done it myself a couple of times with an Alfa GTV and an early TT coupe).
Times have obviously changed though, but still surprised that you have to pay more Shocked

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-06-2011 11:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

It's actually quite stunning. Quick comparison, let's take the 5d Dynamic Si4...
Base price BE: € 48.700
Base price UK: £ 38.995 = € 43.845

This gets you the following standard equipment which we don't get (i.e. have to pay extra):
- power-folding mirrors
- parking aid front
- parking aid rear with camera
- 20" rims instead of 19" for us
- heated front seats
- airco with air filtration
- Adaptive Dynamics
- DAB radio
- HDD satnav

Also, we have to pay an optional € 3.860 for a Tech pack that's standard on the UK Dynamic. That makes the base price € 52.560 (20% more) and even then they're far from equal.
AND we don't even get the possibility to choose a Lux pack. When we want the same as your Lux pack, the total price is above € 60.000...
Similar figures for a Prestige of course.

Convinced of the UK previleges? Hooray for a united Europe.
ps/ Why did you think the forum is full of UK buyers?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 11:57pm by vision*R.)
08-06-2011 11:42pm
Kermit

I've download the Quick Start Guides and made them available in my public Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5968579/evoque_m.../index.htm
(08-06-2011 01:23pm)Charlie Wrote:  Kermit, not suggesting you've had a chance to read both A and UK manuals cover to cover but are there any differences that have jumped out at you?

Charlie, I haven't done a comparison between the OZ and UK versions. However, a quick glance at the Fuel and refuelling supplement for both countries shows they're the same. I would expect all English speaking markets to use the UK document as their primary reference and have market specific supplements. If you select US as the country you get a totally different Fuel and refuelling supplement.
(08-06-2011 10:58pm)paulus599 Wrote:  A few of the International forum members have mentioned that their cars have a much lower standard spec than what's being released here. Is that true from what you have seen Kermit? or is it just a case that the price you pay is lower and you have to pay the extra to bring it up to the UK spec?

The Australian Spec and Price List May 2011 is different from the UK Spec and Price List Aprill 2011 but I haven't done a "who gets what for what price" comparison.

I gather Australian cars are dearer, spec-for-spec, when compared to UK cars using just the exchange rate. I would also expect US cars to be cheaper than UK cars due to the size of their market.
(08-06-2011 11:42pm)vision*R Wrote:  ps/ Why did you think the forum is full of UK buyers?

Other markets aren't as far down the publicity road.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 02:36am by Kermit.)
09-06-2011 01:58am
Alex

I suppose to understand the baseline more it would be interesting to know what currency the Evoques are sold in - I'm guessing LR (or TATA) default exchange is dollars for all sales. With a rate probably also bought over some term. However in real financial terms to the buyer comparing through exchange rates I guess can work but we also have to take into consideration taxes as a comparison.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
09-06-2011 06:20am
vision*R

(09-06-2011 01:58am)Kermit Wrote:  Other markets aren't as far down the publicity road.
Belgium had one of the earliest car shows which featured the Evoque (in January), we've had our own preview shows, we have brochures, price lists... The car is bloody expensive over here, that's what it is.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
09-06-2011 07:01am
Kermit

Australia has a Luxury Car Tax (LCT). It is 33% for amounts above $57,466. Then on the total price is the 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST). However if the vehicle achieves 7l/100km or better (combined fuel cycle) the aforementioned threshold figure is increased to $75k. Thus I predict the majority of RRE sales Down Under won't attract LCT.
09-06-2011 07:20am
paulus599

(08-06-2011 11:42pm)vision*R Wrote:  Also, we have to pay an optional € 3.860 for a Tech pack that's standard on the UK Dynamic. That makes the base price € 52.560 (20% more) and even then they're far from equal.
AND we don't even get the possibility to choose a Lux pack. When we want the same as your Lux pack, the total price is above € 60.000...
Similar figures for a Prestige of course.

Convinced of the UK previleges? Hooray for a united Europe.
ps/ Why did you think the forum is full of UK buyers?

Blimey vision*R, didn't mean to upset you, I just wanted to find out what the differences where that various people had mentioned.
The difference is huge though, if it was the same here, I'm not sure I could justify the extra cost that would be needed for a car I'd be happy with.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
09-06-2011 02:09pm