Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
February call?
Billionaireboysclub

RE: February call?

(10-02-2012 08:58pm)Asty Wrote:  I'm sorry you feel the need to abuse my post but I'm telling the truth or I wouldn't have posted. Just because I am relatively new to the forum doesn't automatically make me a troll.

I repeat, I was offered end of March delivery if I ordered on the day (Tuesday I think I was) and there were 3 build slots on offer. I would have ordered if i wasn't waiting for the results of a company restructuring before committing.

I dont think you are at fault here at all...and thanks for sharing......

Who is at fault is the dealer hence asking who it was.

I hope your company results / restructure has a positive outcome for you Smile

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
10-02-2012 09:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Asty

(10-02-2012 09:02pm)Billionaireboysclub Wrote:  I dont think you are at fault here at all...and thanks for sharing......

Who is at fault is the dealer hence asking who it was.

I hope your company results / restructure has a positive outcome for you Smile

I'm a little reluctant to reveal the dealer now judging people's reactions as I don't want to get them in trouble. I will say they are reputable and in a very affluent area though.

I got the impression they were being offered direct from Landrover and they must have been late cancellations or something because the dealer only had one day to sell the slots, but I was offered any build spec and colour I wanted. It wasn't until I hung up I wondered where they came from and why others in the national queue weren't simply advanced up the queue.

I think we'll go down the company car route though as we have access to an excellent PCP package including all costs except petrol. As much as we'd love an Evoque for our summer holiday to France, we'll just have to wait in line.
10-02-2012 09:33pm
Broadsword1959

Did not get the call but rather an email.

i am working abroad till just before expected delivery so have been communicating with dealer by email.

Received email confirming my RRE goes into build 1st week in April and should be at dealer 2 weeks later.

Written sometimes better than word of mouth phone call - gives me a stick to beat them with if the don't meet delivery!

I also need to arrange flights so should have email the day it leaves factory so i can get back and get my RRE

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
10-02-2012 11:14pm
3V0QU3

I think this is just a case of sales tacktics. Someone who has been waiting for months will wait another month, but he wants to secure as many sales as possible. I think this is the same thing as another st with people not being able to have Pure models. They dont want to take up one of their build slots with a 27k car when they could be selling a 45k car. Thats a big difference on their commision. Perhaps i am too cinical, but never trus a salesman, they are there to make money, commision, they will say anything to get the deal.
I think i should add, however, that my dealer in Leicester has been very helpful and so far, my original delivery date is still looking good.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 10:16am by 3V0QU3.)
11-02-2012 10:09am