Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Evoque - to the Rescue
Blackseries

RE: Evoque - to the Rescue

Thanks everybody for your really kind comments.

I genuinely don’t think I would have tackled the “mud wall” had I not been to Eastnor a couple of weeks ago. The day I went to Eastnor it had been raining for a few days (Easter Weekend) so the course was really boggy. I was told the “water feature” at Eastnor was normally 500mm deep (the Evoques design limit) but it was about 700mm the day I went through it. So when you’ve had water coming over the bonnet and then recovered from a 30% side slide on mud, it really gives you the confidence to tackle stuff most people would sensibly back away from.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
23-04-2012 11:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Awesome, you and the Evoque!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-04-2012 12:28pm
broady43

Well done!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
23-04-2012 01:30pm
LDT

Thumbs Up

Great story. Bow down

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
23-04-2012 02:06pm
Urban Splash

Awesome story, thanks for sharing!

Hope the interior held up well......

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
23-04-2012 07:52pm
pugracer

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
25-04-2012 04:41am
Blackseries

(23-04-2012 07:52pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Hope the interior held up well......

Interesting you should ask that ...... I was going to do a thread "Ivory interior at 10,000 miles" as quite a few people had expressed concern at the lighter interiors and how they would hold up in normal use.

Of course under normal conditions I try and treat the interior with respect but when you are asking complete strangers standing up to their ankles in mud to get in you have to think "what the heck". I'm glad to report that once the mud had dried it was just a case of brushing it off - and as I thought it now looks pretty much indistinguishable from new.

I will still do my report at 10k probably reaching that figure within 2-3 months but the way it’s going the interior will look no different from the way it does today. i.e. like new & gorgeous!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2012 02:36pm by Blackseries.)
25-04-2012 11:25am
Michelle

Well done to both of you! Nice storyVery Happy

Attached File(s)
.gif  107.gif (Size: 17.87 KB / Downloads: 160)

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
25-04-2012 01:01pm
Urban Splash

(25-04-2012 11:25am)Blackseries Wrote:  Interesting you should ask that ...... I was going to do a thread "Ivory interior at 10,000 miles" as quite a few people had expressed concern at the lighter interiors and how they would hold up in normal use.

Of course under normal conditions I try and treat the interior with respect but when you are asking complete strangers standing up to their ankles in mud to get in you have to think "what the heck". I'm glad to report that once the mud had dried it was just a case of brushing it off - and as I thought it now looks pretty much indistinguishable from new.

I will still do my report at 10k probably reaching that figure within 2-3 months but the way it’s going the interior will look no different from the way it does today. i.e. like new & gorgeous!

Excellent news! Thanks for that.....no blue marks from jeans?

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
26-04-2012 07:13am
Blackseries

(26-04-2012 07:13am)Urban Splash Wrote:  .....no blue marks from jeans?

A very early thread suggested Baby Wipes to keep your leather looking pristine .... and boy do they work. Absolutely no idea what’s in them .... but obviously nothing toxic..... but one wipe, once a week on the bolster keeps it looking like new.

(This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 12:36pm by Blackseries.)
27-04-2012 12:36pm