Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque supercharged?
broady43

RE: Evoque supercharged?

(24-12-2011 12:42am)mark_n Wrote:  I agree, the Dynamic is all the "sporty" look we need. The danger they must avoid is compromising core RR-ness by, for example, lowering the car. I'd like to see the gesrbox sport and chassis dynamic settings cranked up a notch to go with a more powerful engine but they must resist the temptation to tinker.

Yes I agree, stay with the looks~ just tinker with the guts!
24-12-2011 12:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

Excuse me while I go and paint my Evoque badge red (with the high gloss nail polish in my glove compartment)! Surprised

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
24-12-2011 01:09am
LIONHEAD

Problem with Supercharger is they are pretty much maxed out from factory. If you don't plan to extract more power and happy with factory power outputs than it's fine. You really can't mod them afterwards. If you do you'll create heat soak and lose power. Only way is to add something like a killer chiller which is an active intercooler system. You can also try a water-methanol injection kit to lower the temp. I know because I added aftermarket supercharger pulleys(smaller upper and bigger lower) to increase boost to my XKR and it's great for the first 15 min to 30 min on a hot summer day but I can tell it looses power afterwards. You can port the supercharger but over time it will still get hot and heat soak will settle in. I am planning to try the snow water-meth kit in the spring.

That's why I prefer turbo. Turbo is still susceptible to heat but at least you can still boost the turbo with a tune. You just have to becareful the internals (block/bottom end) can take the added boost and power.
(24-12-2011 01:09am)Evoqess Wrote:  Excuse me while I go and paint my Evoque badge red (with the high gloss nail polish in my glove compartment)! Surprised

What color is your nail polish so I know what color you're going to paint your badge. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 03:09am by LIONHEAD.)
24-12-2011 03:01am
ami_evo

(24-12-2011 12:29am)broady43 Wrote:  The Range Rover Evoque is from a concept called the LRX which should not of even gone in to production,yet alone been pimped! In its raw state (pure) it is a beautiful car.Dynamic ,Prestige grace its looks.From there on leave it alone to the dedicated and talented designers of landrover !

I know full well where the Evoque originates from, and I've not said anything about "pimping it". If a sportier version comes along it will most likely have some exterior modifications to it. I am fully confident LR will do a great job of designing a 'sportier' version without it looking gaudy.

(24-12-2011 12:42am)mark_n Wrote:  I agree, the Dynamic is all the "sporty" look we need.

As to what looks sporty and what doesn't, I think every individual has a different idea and/or taste. If you believe the Dynamic is all the "sporty" you need, it doesn't apply to everyone else.
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 04:38pm by ami_evo.)
24-12-2011 04:37pm
Skill

(24-12-2011 12:12am)ameer Wrote:  There is a rumor of a 300 hp Evoque in the works, very likely to be based on the Si4 which is turbocharged. Probably getting a sportier look with it too.

Thank you Ameer.

I was not saying i do not like the dynamic. I do like the dynamic and i think thats the best looking one in my opinion. I do not want any pimped out type of evoque and i dont like the range rover sport or vogue whether supercharged or not!

All i was asking for is whether there was a supercharged version coming out as i am sure there are many buyers that would prefer to wait for that one like they did in the range rover versions.

I did not mean to come across sexist and i apolygize if i have but im sure im not the only one who doesnt want the evoque to have any type of girly image if your a male buyer.

Thats why i said i would only consider the dynamic and possibly a supercharged version if they make one!

In fact it doesnt even have to be supercharged..possibly a dynamic S with alittle bit more grunt?

I cant be the only one who would be interested in that?
Why buy a car and risk remapping it whilst its in warranty when you can have all you need from the beginning?

In regards to the evoque red badge all i was saying is that if you buy a pure be happy with a pure..its a great car..but dont turn it into something its not buy buying kits and imitation badges.

Each to their own and i was guilty of that in the past but i have learnt its best to wait and afford what you want, rather than what you wanted pulling next to you at a set of traffic lights..dont look in his eyes!

Personal car:- M3 coupe
Company car:- 61 focus econetic
Previous cars:- Z3, 986, 986S. Etc
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 09:01pm by Skill.)
24-12-2011 08:50pm
ami_evo

I for one decided to wait with my Evoque order for the next model year. Having owned a RRS in the past, I've little faith in LR. That car was a service nightmare, and I sold it after just one year of ownership. Buying another RR is something I would not normally do, but I just love the way the Evoque looks, I truly hope they've improved on their products, but I'd rather be on the safe side and wait for all the kinks to be worked out. Also the fact that during the Evoque's conception the company was sold to Tata Motors, doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I will use the car as my daily and put more than 30k km per year on it, so it better be solid.

I also would prefer a more powerful engine than the ones being offered, and would be very interested to see this supposedly sportier iteration of the RRE. So it's not such a bad idea to wait a bit Skill, you might get a better car, and with a more powerful engine.
(This post was last modified: 25-12-2011 07:25am by ami_evo.)
25-12-2011 07:25am
rsk21

Evoque supercharged?

(25-12-2011 07:25am)ameer Wrote:  . Also the fact that during the Evoque's conception the company was sold to Tata Motors, doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Why ?
25-12-2011 08:49am
mark_n

Yes, but in the meantime, you will be missing out on a great car to drive. You can wait for the next version of any product because there's always something new coming along. All the signs are that this is a car built to a high standard and there are very few reports of serious problems.

As for Tata, I think they got a bargain from Ford who were too busy minding the shop in Detroit and there's no shortage of investment being made here in the UK. It's a rare UK manufacturing success story.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
25-12-2011 08:51am
exigejoe

(24-12-2011 03:01am)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Problem with Supercharger is they are pretty much maxed out from factory. If you don't plan to extract more power and happy with factory power outputs than it's fine. You really can't mod them afterwards.

I have extracted much hp more using different supercharger, I/E, remapping, upgraded cooling system and pulleys. It really depends on the supercharger you use.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
25-12-2011 10:58am
Skill

(25-12-2011 07:25am)ameer Wrote:  I for one decided to wait with my Evoque order for the next model year. Having owned a RRS in the past, I've little faith in LR. That car was a service nightmare, and I sold it after just one year of ownership. Buying another RR is something I would not normally do, but I just love the way the Evoque looks, I truly hope they've improved on their products, but I'd rather be on the safe side and wait for all the kinks to be worked out. Also the fact that during the Evoque's conception the company was sold to Tata Motors, doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I will use the car as my daily and put more than 30k km per year on it, so it better be solid.

I also would prefer a more powerful engine than the ones being offered, and would be very interested to see this supposedly sportier iteration of the RRE. So it's not such a bad idea to wait a bit Skill, you might get a better car, and with a more powerful engine.

Exactly!

Its worth waiting a year or two as i am an evoque S in dynamic mode would be worth the wait.

Personal car:- M3 coupe
Company car:- 61 focus econetic
Previous cars:- Z3, 986, 986S. Etc
25-12-2011 12:28pm