Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a fair resolution to the problems that I've had?
ytshome

What is a fair resolution to the problems that I've had?

Hi all. Many of you will know of the problems that I've had since ordering the car that I now own. The thing is that aft having complained to Stratstone uk about my treatment the dealer principal at the relevant dealership has contacted me and offered an apology. He appears to accept that they have let themselves down as well as me and want to put things right.

For those who don't know exactly what happened these are the basic facts.

Poor communications. Many unanswered emails and phone calls.
Contact with the dealership where salesmen have been unhelpful. Ie not wanting to take the call and telling me that something's couldn't be done for several days when it could in fact be dealt with immediately over the internal Vista LR computer system.
Ordering the wrong optional extras meaning that I still don't have what I ordered and then trying to encourage me to go without it rather than them having to post it to me (rigid boot liner)
Leaving my car parked in the rain at handover meaning it couldn't be checked as well as I'd have liked. (partially under a coved porch)
Satnav thinking we were in Belgium.
Handover took approximately 5-6minutes due to lack of knowledge.
No tax disc in the car. Only spotted on way home.
One of the cherished transfers that I had asked to be completed was left untouched which meant that the insurance amendment of £25.00 was lost and in fact it cost a further similar amount to put it back to the original number and will require a third amendment when the transfer does come through.
Salesman gave the wrong registration number for insurance purposes, which meant I was uninsured on the 100 mile journey home.
Wrong number plates fitted to the car. The registration number was different to the tax disc and was different again to the one supplied to my insurers. This was only recognised on my return home.
Dealers only offer was to send new plates in the post, which took a further
two days and meant my driving of the car was delayed further, even though they have other chain dealers within 20 miles of my home.
When the plates did arrive there were no instructions on how to remove the old and fit the new, despite me asking for this information (although I did get help from this site)

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 12:13pm by ytshome.)
27-09-2011 12:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

RE: What is a fair resolution to the problems that I've had?

Nightmare.

I would ask for your first service to be free at a minimum.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
27-09-2011 12:25pm
GibEvoque

I would ask for a LR experience day for you and a friend, a gesture of goodwill to restore your confidence in the LR brand experience.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
27-09-2011 12:43pm
Urban Splash

Did you not get a LRE free with your purchase anyway?

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
27-09-2011 01:27pm
ytshome

(27-09-2011 01:27pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Did you not get a LRE free with your purchase anyway?

Hi, yes I got the promise of this before all of the problems because they didn't invite me to their opening night. It wasn't given to me at handover though so I had to email a reminder.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
27-09-2011 01:43pm
GibEvoque

(27-09-2011 01:43pm)ytshome Wrote:  
(27-09-2011 01:27pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Did you not get a LRE free with your purchase anyway?

Hi, yes I got the promise of this before all of the problems because they didn't invite me to their opening night. It wasn't given to me at handover though so I had to email a reminder.

I would ask that the commission from your sale that the salesman would have received, is donated to charity, and that the dealership matches it again from their own pocket.

The go and get yourself a copy of the accessories catalogue and choose something nice.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
27-09-2011 01:56pm
rsk21

First port of call before any choosing of pressies needs to be a clear and concise letter to the Dealer Principal laying out all the facts with clear reference to where you have been financially inconvenienced (plates seem to be a clear example of this).

At a minimum you should be looking for the financial inconvenience to be addressed as this would seem to be highly objective. i.e. you incurred costs directly because of their incompetence. Everything thereafter whilst massively annoying and hugely unbecoming of the LandRover brand is bordering on the subjective i.e. it's a problem of attitude, aptitude and application on behalf of the dealership which they may deny and or pass off as having made amendments for.

See what the DP says first in response to a written complaint and then thereafter it's time to involve LR customer services if the reply is unsatisfactory.
27-09-2011 06:58pm