Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque buying guide
memota

RE: Evoque buying guide

(18-10-2011 02:38am)Evoqess Wrote:  Terrific feedback. I'm very interested in having my winter wheels black - but the LR price is extreme. I think you have saved me some serious cash Spidey-Stig! Thanks muchly!
And, if painted alloys are good enough for a Maserati owner (exquisite taste) they are absolutely good enough for yours truly! Smile

What model / colour are you getting Evoqess?
18-10-2011 03:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

Had to exercise restraint after owning three vehicles in the last year and feeling the sting of depreciation - so this time, no Oxford leather or upgraded hifi ....grumble! But very happy and can hardly wait for my Fuji white Si4 pure with 19 inch alloys, pano roof, power tailgate, rear camera, heated everything, privacy glass etc. How about you Memota? Cheers Diana (ex Tassie )

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
18-10-2011 04:09am
memota

(18-10-2011 04:09am)Evoqess Wrote:  Had to exercise restraint after owning three vehicles in the last year and feeling the sting of depreciation - so this time, no Oxford leather or upgraded hifi ....grumble! But very happy and can hardly wait for my Fuji white Si4 pure with 19 inch alloys, pano roof, power tailgate, rear camera, heated everything, privacy glass etc. How about you Memota? Cheers Diana (ex Tassie )

Annoyingly (for me and everyone around me who I'm constantly showing photos) I'm still on the fence between Prestige and Dynamic. Probably Fuji white Prestige 5 door, black leather, upgraded stereo, pano roof, 20" style 6, heated seats, reversing camera, Si4 auto, adaptive dynamics, privacy glass.

Or maybe I'll go nuts and get a red Dynamic coupe.......

Off topic but I'm coming to the conclusion that certain colours really work better on certain body styles. White works best on Prestige / Pure in my opinion, red for Dynamic etc. etc..

What are you doing in Canada? Long way from home there Evoqess!
18-10-2011 04:48am
Evoqess

Memota, you really have a tough decision there - white vs red, prestige vs dynamic. Both incredible in their own right. How about getting the Prestige first then upgrading to the Dynamic in 18 mths when the 300 HP power plant becomes available Evil

Yes, long way from home indeed. Though after 11 years it looks like Canada has become my new home, certainly breathtaking mountains and a white Christmas is something special! Miss Aussie rules and cricket very much. And a good meat pie Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
18-10-2011 05:38am
mark_n

3 cars in a year...

Agree with the tips on cleaning alloys. It's tempting to use the dregs of the wash bucket but a fresh bucket of hot water and detergent and a clean sponge to remove the grease and avoid scratching. A little cleaning and often is far preferable to an all-out assault with alloy wheel cleaner which I avoid using as far as possible.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
18-10-2011 06:06am
hybris

White is absolutely the best for a 5 door dynamic. The black and white contrast is excellent. (black gloss details on the dynamic is a excellent blend with the white body) White pano roof. That combo is stunning IRL. That is also one of the reasons I look to paint my type 6 rims black. Its the last little detail.

Yes red and black is also a good combo on the dynamic. You need to think what colors match the dynamic high gloss black exterior details when chosing body color. The same with Prestige that has the "silver" details. Silver is not as good match with white. Red is an excellent combo with "silver" etc.

In the end its about personal taste. Would love to see the light blue IRL! Looks interesting on pictures...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
18-10-2011 08:32am