Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Evoque TD4 - Running Report
Paul O

RE: Evoque TD4 - Running Report

Hi folks, small update:

ECO no more.
I noticed a few weeks ago that the "Eco" option wasn't working any more. When coming to a halt and putting into neutral the car should ordinarily switch off to save fuel. The ECO light was switched on at the centre console but nothing was happening - even after a good motorway drive.

The car was taken to Land Rover Wakefield and the service was very good. The engineer came out, introduced himself and clarified his understanding of the problem. Car abandoned, we went to Leeds for some lunch (my birthday! Smile ). He called me later in the afternoon to say that, although they couldn't find a problem, LR HQ are aware of reports of this problem and are still looking into it. A technical bulletin had been issued and my car had been duly registered as one of the affected cars.

As it isn't a life threatening problem, I collected the car (fully cleaned, very pleased - it had been neglected recently and was turning into a rather unbecoming shade of brown) and am waiting a call back on a fix.

To my surprise though, this week the issue has resolved itself. Intermittent faults, pfff the worst kind.

But for anyone reading this, if you get a similar problem it is a known issue, just without a resolution as yet. Let your local dealer know as the HQ engineers might want to do an inspection on a faulty car.

Happy driving folks!

Red RR Evoque TD4, 5 door.
Mini One Cabriolet.
Black Porsche 997S Cabriolet [SOLD].
25-09-2012 05:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

How long was it not working for? as it not working sometimes is normal as there are many lockouts like Battery charge etc, but it normally works for most journeys with the occasional non stop through DPF regen or Air con loading etc.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-09-2012 06:12pm
Paul O

(25-09-2012 06:12pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  How long was it not working for? as it not working sometimes is normal as there are many lockouts like Battery charge etc, but it normally works for most journeys with the occasional non stop through DPF regen or Air con loading etc.

It failed for 2-3 weeks, including after long journeys, no air con, no lights on etc etc. It normally comes on even a few miles down the road with air con running, but nothing even after a 25 mile motorway journey so something was definately wrong. Land Rover Wakefield tested and experienced it themselves too, and LR HQ have acknowledged the problem though, so something might be afoot.

Mini One Cabriolet.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 06:32pm by Paul O.)
25-09-2012 06:31pm
Griff449

My ECO stopped working until it was found an electrical plug for the clutch had worked itself loose and once fitted correctly the ECO came straight back on! Problem solved

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
25-09-2012 06:58pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Ok 2-3 weeks is a fault then, even in darkest stages of last winter it still worked a bit. So far no probs with mine, occassionally you think oh it didnt switch off, but normally it does.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
25-09-2012 10:59pm
Paul O

Fixed

The stop/start issue has now been resolved. I received a call from my dealership on Monday to say Land Rover had provided a download which needed to be applied to my car.

Download applied this morning, it took about an hour all in whilst I was plied with tea and biscuits. A great, personal, friendly service from the service engineer (Rob).

Tried and tested, it is all working again so whatever the problem was it looks like LR have found it and fixed it. Marvellous!! Smile

Mini One Cabriolet.
03-10-2012 12:57pm
PhilSkill

Interesting Paulo, wonder if its an update to be provided to all manual cars, or just a particular batch, youd think it would be all if software.

03-10-2012 11:06pm
Evo-king

Nick or Liam, can you offer any updates on this, there are a few of us manuals owners about?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-10-2012 04:21pm
Paul O

Well, things have been going most swimmingly with the Evoque these past few months with no major issues to report.

It's our family car and both myself and my good lady like it lots. With the cold of winter now firmly set in, the heaters and heated seats are getting a good workout. When initially purchased, the seats took an age to warm up the first time but now spring to life in good time keeping ones back nice and toasty.

With the cold weather, comes early morning ice and unfortunately on one occasion this ice froze up the driver's window. At least that's what I thought, but a week later the window still wouldn't go down. Pressing the rocker switch you could hear the window move ever so slightly before stopping as though it was still frozen. Time for a call to the dealership and we were booked in the following week.

The window was checked as we pulled into the car park at the dealership, still broken. Keys handed over and we got a call shortly afterwards "No fault found". Typically, the car had healed itself just before its check-up!

But the good news is that our Evoque had a much needed bath, courtesy of the garage and hopefully the issue won't occur again - I'll be sure to report back if it does. Smile

Mini One Cabriolet.
27-11-2012 02:49pm
Wife's car

My wife and I visited the Wakefield LR dealers you refer to after a bad experience at Rocar Moores at Huddersfield, the Wakefield dealer came well recommended, but alas all was not well there either.
Staff were polite and helpful, salesman very much so, but when it came to talking about figures on PCP things went downhill, the figures we were given just didn't relate to anything we had seen advertised...first figures given were at 11.9 % it was when I pointed out that landrover was offering PCP at 8.9%
That they re worked the figures.....how's that for customer focus. Or profit over customer focus more like.
All the figures quoted for anything like super guard or gap insurance were on the high to very high side.

I believe that the problem is that the sales people believe that they can sell Evoques until the cows come home and so they don't need to try, but that's a very short term view.

We have ordered the wife's car from the Wakefield dealer but will pay cash for it instead.

Two LR dealers and two bad experiences, hope it gets better
30-12-2012 05:40pm