Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electric Seats on a Pure?
NightFox

Can someone please put me straight on whether I should expect to be getting manually or electrically adjustable seats on my Evoque Pure + Tech (5 door) when I get it?

Some LR sources suggest manual, others suggest electric, some even suggest electric on the Coupe but manual on the 5dr? I'm learning that with the Pure it's not safe to assume anything; if I was the cynical type I might suspect that this new trend by LR and some other manufacturers of just offering a few base models and letting buyers spec them as they want might actually be an excuse to publish a nice low price and then charge a fortune for 'extra' things that we've come to take for granted over the last 5 years or so. I mean, £155 for a dimming rear view mirror? At least they've not gone back to wind-up/down windows on the Pure.... have they? Shocked

Thanks!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
03-07-2012 06:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Electric Seats on a Pure?

Iirc, std 5 dr pure is manual. I think you can upgrade to electric memory seats - expensive £900, and not everyone is happy with them - see here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Memory-seats-maddening

Std 3 dr is electric (its what I have)

The LR website reflects this.

And yes, it is weird for the 3 and 5 dr to be different!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 06:31pm by cjfp.)
03-07-2012 06:30pm
NightFox

(03-07-2012 06:30pm)cjfp Wrote:  Iirc, std 5 dr pure is manual. I think you can upgrade to electric memory seats - expensive £900, and not everyone is happy with them - see here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Memory-seats-maddening

Std 3 dr is electric (its what I have)

The LR website reflects this.

And yes, it is weird for the 3 and 5 dr to be different!

Thanks, just looking at the brochure and that couldn't be more confusing if it tried to be:

"Seats - grained leather, manual driver's adjustment including recline, electric height and manual passenger's recline (6/4 way) (electric seats feature for Coupe derivatives)"

So does that mean just Coupes get manual seats with electric height adjust on the driver's seat, or does it mean Coupe's get all electric while 5drs get manual with electric height adjust? Either seems equally odd!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 06:44pm by NightFox.)
03-07-2012 06:40pm
cjfp

My coupe has no manual adjust, all elec.

5 dr does appear confusing - having reread I wld go for it having electric height adj, rest manual. Anyone here with 5dr to confirm ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-07-2012 06:45pm
NightFox

(03-07-2012 06:45pm)cjfp Wrote:  My coupe has no manual adjust, all elec.

5 dr does appear confusing - having reread I wld go for it having electric height adj, rest manual. Anyone here with 5dr to confirm ?

Yep, I'd agree that if the Coupe is all-electric then according to the brochure the 5dr has elec heigh adjust and the rest manual. But then I guess just because that's what the brochure says doesn't necessarily mean that's what I'm going to get!

03-07-2012 06:49pm
gibbyd

(03-07-2012 06:49pm)NightFox Wrote:  Yep, I'd agree that if the Coupe is all-electric then according to the brochure the 5dr has elec heigh adjust and the rest manual. But then I guess just because that's what the brochure says doesn't necessarily mean that's what I'm going to get!

That's what I have, electric height adjust and the rest manual on a 5door pure and no height adjust at all for passenger.
No lumbar adjust either, but after 8k miles my back is still intact, infact it's the most comfortable car I have had in long time.
03-07-2012 07:11pm
NightFox

(03-07-2012 07:11pm)gibbyd Wrote:  That's what I have, electric height adjust and the rest manual on a 5door pure and no height adjust at all for passenger.
No lumbar adjust either, but after 8k miles my back is still intact, infact it's the most comfortable car I have had in long time.

Thanks, that probably answers it then. Seems odd to have powered height adjust but manual everything else.

I also found the Evokes I've test driven to be very comfortable, but obviously a test drive is no substitute for 3+ hours behind the wheel! I would actually rate my Freelander 2 as the most comfortable car I've owned to date, whereas I found my Disco 3 and RRS seats a bit uncomfortable, the headrests always seemed to be forcing my head and neck forward

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 08:15pm by NightFox.)
03-07-2012 08:14pm
Jonathon555

Just got my car

Pure 5 dr

Electric height all the rest manual

No height adjust for passenger

My friends car Pure tech 5 dr

Has electric seats

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
03-07-2012 08:35pm
speary

Please dont forget the coupe costs £1000 more than the 5 door in the UK so after not paying for 2 extra doors I expect something for my £1000. By the way the electric seats on the Pure are fairly basic. Forward and back (very slowly), backrest recline, Seat height (driver only), I say seat height, its more of a tilt where the rear of the base raises and pivots around the front edge of the base, therefore the front edge of the base doesnt move much at all.
It is still the most comfortable car seat i have had so far, but then I have had Audi Sport models for the last 10 years

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
04-07-2012 08:41am
WorldTraveler

My 5dr Pure + Tech has all manual adjustment with exception of Drivers Hight Adgustment ...

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
04-07-2012 08:51am