Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Bored of iPhone - anyone know if Windows Phone works?
RacingSnake

RE: Bored of iPhone - anyone know if Windows Phone works?

you can't find it in the compatibility list because it's not there.
it doesn't work for the reasons in my post above. Neutral

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
22-02-2013 05:59pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fmcastro

(22-02-2013 05:59pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  you can't find it in the compatibility list because it's not there.
it doesn't work for the reasons in my post above. Neutral

I'm sorry to insist but I'm really trying to figure this out since this is a deal breaker for me.

What you are saying is that voice commands don't work because WP8 doesn't have rSAP? rSAP seems to be (remote) SIM Access Protocol and I can't see how this could be related to voice commands.

Also, since IOS also doesn't support rSAP and I could voice command my iPhone 4S without a problem, I'm guessing the problem must be somewhere else.

Nevertheless, the main purpose of my message is to confirm if you also can't voice command your 920's through bluetooth. Could you please test that? Thanks a lot!
22-02-2013 07:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

I guess it's the same as the reason the test to speech doesn't work.
Can you not access a car to test it?
What would be a deal breaker? you wouldn't buy an evoque because the voice command button on your phone doesn't work?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
22-02-2013 07:46pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fmcastro

(22-02-2013 07:46pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I guess it's the same as the reason the test to speech doesn't work.
Can you not access a car to test it?
What would be a deal breaker? you wouldn't buy an evoque because the voice command button on your phone doesn't work?

I have an Evoque and I can't make the 920 be voice commanded through bluetooth. I'm trying to figure if it is something I'm doing wrong or if other people also have the same problem (or if there's any workaround).

The deal breaker part means that if I can't make calls by voice, I'll go back to my iPhone for now...
22-02-2013 07:53pm
same2you

(22-02-2013 07:53pm)fmcastro Wrote:  I have an Evoque and I can't make the 920 be voice commanded through bluetooth. I'm trying to figure if it is something I'm doing wrong or if other people also have the same problem (or if there's any workaround).

The deal breaker part means that if I can't make calls by voice, I'll go back to my iPhone for now...

Hi Everyone, this is a pretty old thread, but have an update on it.... I installed the Amber update preview a couple of weeks ago, and last night I noticed that there is an advanced button on the Bluetooth screen. If you put the checkbox into the compatibility mode, it will then do the sms to speech in the Evoque. I may have been there on my phone before the update, but I only looked when syncing my Lumia 920 to my wife's new car.

Now the entire phone works flawlessly Smile

Cheers!
08-11-2013 05:22pm