Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
DynoPure
mirage

DynoPure

Very HappyI am due to pick up a Santori black Coupe Pure with an Indus silver pan roof, as my intention was to stlye the vehicle along the lines of the LRX. I was going to change all the Dark Atlas eg grill and vents with Atlas which is quite a bright silver, however on seeing the vehicle in the flesh have decided to keep the Dark Atlas as it looks hard and quite classy against the black.
Other external styling changes I am in the process of making is changing the rear bumper for a Dynamic unit, actually it is a way being prepped as I write this, I have seen other threads where people are interested in doing this so here is my addition, all dynamic's have the rear 'Bull bar' painted in Indus silver, and the oblongish rear exhaust is actually a stainless steel tunnel that fits into the bumper(the actual exhaust pipe outlet stops midway in this tunnel), to change from the grey pure bumper to the dynamic you need the following:
1. Dynamic Bumper
2. The exhaust surround plastic
3. A foil heatshield that fits to the back of the bumper to stop any residual heat from the exhaust discolouring the paintwork.
4. Both stainless exhaust finishers/tunnels.
5. You also need to remove approximately 20cm or so from the end of the pures stainless exhaust pipe finisher to stop it poking out of the dynamic finisher tunnel, (I intent to have mine blackened too so it is not visible attall)

The origins of the Dynamic exhaust outlets can clearly be seen as a decsendent if the LRX and IMHO is by far the better finish looks wise in the Evoque range, having said that there are LRX styling cues which can be found on the pure and the prestige which are not on the Dynamic, such as the side bumpers running along the doors sill.
Other changes I intend to make are to the door protectors/side bumpers and the front Bullbar, they are currently in shades of grey plastic, I intent to have them sprayed and laquered in Indus silver to tie into the colour coordination of the roofline.
I have also had black roof rails fitted aka the LRX, privacy glass, fog lights, and Zenon signature upgrade.

One other thing, The 2013 Evoque have a revised grill, it had the 'Land Rover' logo built into it just like the origional LRX. I bought the parts for this slight modification from Duckworth's.
I will post some pictures later when the job is complete.
One other thing I forgot I upgraded the wheels to 19 inch diamond cut also.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 10:54am by mirage.)
05-01-2013 03:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: DynoPure

Sounds like an interesting project - looking forward to seeing the photos
05-01-2013 05:00pm
xxxx5

(05-01-2013 05:00pm)WB Wrote:  Sounds like an interesting project - looking forward to seeing the photos

+1

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
05-01-2013 05:59pm
QUEEVO

DynoPure

+1

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
06-01-2013 12:47am
The Valeter

Interesting as my new Evoque could be a Santorini 5 door Pure with Indus Silver roof & colourisation of bits though I think I may get a Pure in Barollo Black & leave the standard bumpers but colour the front + rear bumper upside down "U" shaped parts in Firenze Red along with the front wing vents & tailgate plinth then colour the sump gaurad/rear diffuser (between the U shaped bits in either black or silver!
I however would be interested to hear either on this thread or by PM the cost to change the bumpers to Dynamic.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 01:09am by The Valeter.)
06-01-2013 01:08am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
superfox

Very interested in seeing the final pictures.

I'm in the same process of changing my pure look to a Dynamic. I'm going for an all black look with rose gold accents like VBRRE.

I've just purchased my headlight up grade from Halogen to Xenon. Next I'll have the dynamic body kit, 20" gloss black rims plus a tone of accessories shipped over from the UK to be colour coded and fitted to make the final product.

Such a beautiful car to play with.

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
06-01-2013 02:39am
mirage

(06-01-2013 01:08am)The Valeter Wrote:  Interesting as my new Evoque could be a Santorini 5 door Pure with Indus Silver roof & colourisation of bits though I think I may get a Pure in Barollo Black & leave the standard bumpers but colour the front + rear bumper upside down "U" shaped parts in Firenze Red along with the front wing vents & tailgate plinth then colour the sump gaurad/rear diffuser (between the U shaped bits in either black or silver!
I however would be interested to hear either on this thread or by PM the cost to change the bumpers to Dynamic.

Sounds like an intersting project, I agree the Evoque is very aesthetically balanced, you could almost say it is an example of functional art. Will post details of cost on completion, I would be interested to see some pictures of your results also.
(06-01-2013 02:39am)superfox Wrote:  Very interested in seeing the final pictures.

I'm in the same process of changing my pure look to a Dynamic. I'm going for an all black look with rose gold accents like VBRRE.

I've just purchased my headlight up grade from Halogen to Xenon. Next I'll have the dynamic body kit, 20" gloss black rims plus a tone of accessories shipped over from the UK to be colour coded and fitted to make the final product.

Such a beautiful car to play with.

Yes you could say Dynamic art Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 10:52am by mirage.)
06-01-2013 10:49am
mirage

I have now got the completed Vehicle back, I was asked about cost's I got the bumper and exhaust covers from A1 bumpers in Wigan off ebay for £185 it came with the exhaust covers too, there was slight scuffs to the paint but as a new bumper needs priming and painting anyway it was a good cost saving, The heat shield you need was £25 + VAT and the two stainless exhaust finishers were £105 + VAT each, I sourced those parts from Duckworths. In the end it was necessary to remove the existing exhaust finishers off the Pure's standard system completely, it is only tag wielded on in three places anyway and three small cuts allows them to be cleanly removed, this is necessary to stop the exhaust tapping in the New Dynamic exhaust tunnel. Also the rear hanger needs to be shortened slightly too, which is a minimal job. I also had the body door and sill flashes , both bonnet vents ,side vents, grill, front bull bar and rear door finisher, re-sprayed from the bronzy brown Dark Atlas to match the Indus Silver roof supplied as standard spec. All the work which included changing the bumper , tail pipe work and all paint jobs was completed by Alexander's Motor Body shop for £500. His work is amazing, he does Custom Japanese paint jobs and has been featured in Banzai. The shop telephone number is 01942 223448.
Well that's about it, I am truly very please with the results, its not an LRX I think it is better, I just may call it an LRXS Wink I have
attached some pictures if anybody else is interested in doing this. The picture resolution will be low because only 500K is allowed.
P.S. I changed my mind about keeping the Dark Atlas, even though it does look quite classy, it does not match well with the Indus roof.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 03:57pm by mirage.)
25-01-2013 03:48pm
WB
WB

Looking very nice!! Probably the closest to an LRX yet although you should have gone with Style 4 wheels as they were the design on the black LRX!

I'm hoping to do something similar soon to mine. Glad to hear the exhaust mod is straightforward. Didn't know the heat shield was needed.

Out of interest did you ask your insurer if you need to declare such mods? I'm just about to ask mine.
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 04:41pm by WB.)
25-01-2013 04:31pm
mirage

(25-01-2013 04:31pm)WB Wrote:  Looking very nice!! Probably the closest to an LRX yet although you should have gone with Style 4 wheels as they were the design on the black LRX!

I'm hoping to do something similar soon to mine. Glad to hear the exhaust mod is straightforward. Didn't know the heat shield was needed.

Out of interest did you ask your insurer if you need to declare such mods? I'm just about to ask mine.

No I didn't ask the insurer, I am with Landrover and it is an Evoque piece of plastic as far as I am concerned that has gone on in place of another piece of Evoque bumper plastic from the same car albeit a different model, this was in the back of my mind
when I altered it. The only other changes were paintwork, and although it looks striking, it is a minimal change, the front benefits from this in a major way though I think.
I take your point about the wheels, I did consider the other ones, but I preferred the diamond cut ones I chose, as I mentioned before it is not trying to be an exact replica just along those lines.
PS There is a heat shield on the existing bumper but i am not sure if it fits the Dynamic version so I purchased it just to be sure as it is not that expensive, it sheilds the paintwork from the temperature of the back box.
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 05:05pm by mirage.)
25-01-2013 05:03pm