Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Don't Dink Your Wheel Arches
griff

RE: Don't Dink Your Wheel Arches

The car should be back today after a bit of a review by the garage in terms of the estimate. The paintwork and wheel arch trim does not need to be painted or refurbished as the damage is so slight. The main issue is the new PDC loom which was ripped and a new PDC because brain of Britain here did not remove it prior to driving to the garage as I thought it was fixed!

The garage has had its own problems;
1. the wrong loom was sent and had to be reordered - four point sent instead of six point
2. the wrong PDC was sent and had to be reordered and will be in today.

The days of a bit of solder and tape seem to have gone!
To quote the body shop - "LR seem to be working from guesswork for parts, they obviously don't know their own stock list yet,"

I'm not bothering to get the very slight scuff mark retreated as it it is almost imperceptible.

The Polo bowls along quite nicely and round here it you don't supply a free courtesy car you simply don't do business as I'm in the sticks.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
26-09-2012 08:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

RE: Don't Dink Your Wheel Arches

Sorry to hear of your scrape - had a similar feeling myself recently. At Kew Gardens someone decided to leave their mark on my car and gouged a 15cm line into the NSF wheel arch.

You actually had a slightly cheaper quote from your Dealer than I did considering I had no parts to replace - LR quoted me £400 for the repaint.

A local Auto Medics quoted me £200 incl. and had the job done in one day. Repair is spot on, cannot see any difference in shade in any light and has the usual guarantees etc. Still, t'was an expensive trip to see the plants at Kew!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
26-09-2012 09:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply