Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think the Evoque will become Common?
THEMACS

I was just thinking that at present there aren't that many about but come 1st March there will be an almighty Glut of them on our Uk roads Sad I really like that they are pretty rare and exclusive and not every Tom Dick and Harry has one! I hope they don't become common and stay relatively exclusive
26-02-2012 10:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

RE: Do you think the Evoque will become Common?

My thoughts also. The first year of production will no doubt be the busiest for JLR, following which orders will stabalise. I think they may be many basic Pures on the road, and I too wonder if the sight of a RRE will be commonplace.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
26-02-2012 10:26pm
Asty

I had one of the first MKII Audi TT's from launch and it was nice being one of the first on the road, given similar initial waiting lists to the Evoque. This lasted 12 months but then it soon became common, and it ditched when they announced a diesel *yuck* !

My point is, you either get one from launch or buy something desirable and niche market. The Evoque is not the car for you if you want exclusive from this summer onwards, sorry. Every WAG wants one and is getting one!

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
26-02-2012 10:43pm
THEMACS

(26-02-2012 10:43pm)Asty Wrote:  I had one of the first MKII Audi TT's from launch and it was nice being one of the first on the road, given similar initial waiting lists to the Evoque. This lasted 12 months but then it soon became common, and it ditched when they announced a diesel *yuck* !

My point is, you either get one from launch or buy something desirable and niche market. The Evoque is not the car for you if you want exclusive from this summer onwards, sorry. Every WAG wants one and is getting one!

I ordered BEFORE LAUNCH thank you, and am still waiting, like many others who are waiting and ordered PRE LAUNCH!
26-02-2012 11:04pm
Straydox

(26-02-2012 11:04pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I ordered BEFORE LAUNCH thank you, and am still waiting, like many others who are waiting and ordered PRE LAUNCH!

They will become a more common sight I'm sure. There was a post here on Saturday that there are 20,000 on order in the UK alone. Sounds like a lot - but isn't in the whole scheme of things really spread over the whole of the UK.

I've been driving an Audi A5 Cabrio for coming on three years now - and despite driving a sizeable length of the M40 most weeks I probably only see 2 or so and to this day people drive up behind, take a good look and the over take slowly and then do the same from the front.

The Evoque will probably always turn heads - it is an iconic shape like the TT was (and still is), some of us are old enough to remember the Rover SD1 coming out and that was an iconic shape that one never tired of seeing either.

That are other cars - the new Porsche and Q5 due to appear later on this year so the latest and greatest brigade will be chasing those next...Cool

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 01:09am by Straydox.)
27-02-2012 01:08am
jitenc

It will be common sight when RRE see a slump in sales due to poor MPG figures and decides to have a hybrid version....

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
27-02-2012 01:34am
The Valeter

(27-02-2012 01:08am)Straydox Wrote:  They will become a more common sight I'm sure. There was a post here on Saturday that there are 20,000 on order in the UK alone. Sounds like a lot - but isn't in the whole scheme of things really spread over the whole of the UK.

I've been driving an Audi A5 Cabrio for coming on three years now - and despite driving a sizeable length of the M40 most weeks I probably only see 2 or so and to this day people drive up behind, take a good look and the over take slowly and then do the same from the front.

The Evoque will probably always turn heads - it is an iconic shape like the TT was (and still is), some of us are old enough to remember the Rover SD1 coming out and that was an iconic shape that one never tired of seeing either.

I drive an MG ZR-Express Van & given the shape is based on a 1995 Rover 200 it still often turns many heads when out & about & gets a huge amount of questions asked when I am working with it or standing by it generally. It is also one of only one hundred in the world too plus due to some of the factory options it is literally unique & I like that bit!
I think the Evoque will turn heads for a good while yet.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
27-02-2012 02:07am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

I think it will be super-common in 2 years.

I'm glad there's going to be the DC100 coming out as well in 2 years - I want one of those Project Kahn style (google it).

Also want the next RRS so... lets just say I think we're leading the pack at the moment...

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 04:10am by chiggy.)
27-02-2012 04:10am
Sarcastrix

(27-02-2012 04:10am)chiggy Wrote:  I think it will be super-common in 2 years.

I agree. Well maybe now super common but you'll see them everywhere once all those 1 year old Pures start to flood the market.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
27-02-2012 08:39am
chiggy

Yeah I wish they release an Autobiography Evoque or a Supercharged evoque soon too rather than the convertible ugly thing that seems to have flooded this forum in about 500 different new threads.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
27-02-2012 09:02am