Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dilemma? cancel or not?
The Valeter

RE: Dilemma? cancel or not?

I havn't the worry of wondering if there is a delay yet as I ordered for the 1st of March & everytime I speak to the dealer there are no reported problems. I want it on the 1st as the current 6 monthly reg changes mean you don't have a new new car for very long now Sad
If nearer the time I get told of a lengthy delay would I cancel? I really don't know - probably would want to but would likely as said in this post severely regret it so I doubt it.

Affortability - If we go down that road then for me to live within my means as a sole trader car valeter then perhaps I should be buying a Ford Focus but I don't do boring & as most on here love my cars so sod it - that said the only way I can go for an Evoque truthfully is because of a forthcoming inherritance (thank you wife).

Depreciation - Well I'm used to that after all the only new cars I have ever bought other than a FL1 & FL2 are MG's & Rovers - Why? Because they all had their own special personality, looked more interesting than most of the same class & were far more individual (especially the Z range of MG's). I also bought them because they were British & VERY much like Landrover had their faults & you knew this when you bought them Laughing Funny really the MG & Rover pedigree seems to still be in Landrover & I guess that is another reason why I would unlikely go elsewhere.

So I would say hold in there as I think you may just kick yourself!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
11-11-2011 09:00pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

RE: Dilemma? cancel or not?

Glass's Guide are estimating over 90% retained value after 12 months and over 70% after 3 years. Equivalent BMW are estimated at about 80% and 60% over the same period.

Having driven both an Evoque and an Audi Q5 there is no way I'd ever buy the Audi no matter how good the deal.
11-11-2011 10:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply