Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Depreciation...
markwiggy

RE: Depreciation...

(31-03-2013 07:20pm)timhum Wrote:  Markwiggy,
I'm interested to know what you will replace the Evoque with; I can't think of any mainstream new car that isn't going to lose you at least 50% over 3 years, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Our Evoque was bought because it appealed to us and with the intention of keeping it for a while; we didn't go into the transaction expecting to see close to zero depreciation, that's just living in cloud cuckoo land.
For those waiting to buy a second-hand Evoque there could be some great opportunities coming up especially with the vastly over specified examples that many
have bought, always remember the advice regularly given by the motor trade that most extras are worth virtually nothing in the second-hand market.
Tim
Orkney, Pure SD4 Auto with techpack, panoramic roof, spare wheel and a few practical extras, £34,100 otr; why pay more..!!

I have ordered a Audi A3 Sportback, and yes I agree with you about your comments re losing 50%, but 50% of 25k is far less than 50% of 40k hence one of the reasons I got rid. Yes I have lost loads of money over the years on cars as we all have, the Evoque was just an itch I had to scratch and no way was it going to be a long term relationship, I just felt now was about the right time to get rid, maybe I was lucky and got out at the right time.

I sold my car to Clive Head who buys for Hadley Green LD amongst others, his contact details are available in the for sale section on this forum. I can recommend him,he is a nice chap and he gave me good money for my Dynamic and it was a very smooth easy transaction.

Mark

Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 door Orkney Grey Black Roof with Panoramic and Privacy Glass
01-04-2013 09:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply