Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dec 25th the baby Jesus was born ... but on the 28th Dec, I got to drive my new baby!
cjfp

RE: Dec 25th the baby Jesus was born ... but on the 20th Dec, I got to touch my new baby!

Less than 24hrs to go !!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-12-2011 09:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
omgitselaine

RE: Dec 25th the baby Jesus was born ... but on the 20th Dec, I got to touch my new baby!

(27-12-2011 09:53pm)cjfp Wrote:  Less than 24hrs to go !!

The wait must be killing you Shocked !! Congratulations and post some pictures when you get he new ride !
28-12-2011 01:04am
cjfp

All I can say at the moment is that I am really pleased. Still ploughing through buttons and manuals so will post pictures later.

1/2 tank diesel and a free Evoque computer mouse!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-12-2011 05:05pm
leveller

I am jealous. I don't mind admitting that. Very Happy

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
28-12-2011 06:27pm
cjfp

Just back from having paint protection put on - looks great.

FRed is still great
SD4 engine is great - was a bit worried coming 'down' from a Porsche Cayman, but there is certainly still lots of poke available.
Rear Coupe access is still slow, though this isn't a problem for me.
Std stereo is great - there are 2 usb slots, one for usb stick and one for ipod - just a shame that the ipod usb slot won't allow a second usb stick
Adaptive xenons are great
Seats are great
Manual shift is great
EPB is great - there is a switch to put on / take off - alternatively, it will take itself off if you pull away (great help for hill starts) and it will put itself on if you stop and switch off engine.

All in all, I think it's really great (could you tell!)

It's raining at the moment so still no photos I'm afraid.

29-12-2011 02:40pm
THEMACS

CongratulationsVery Happy

Hope you enjoy it Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
29-12-2011 02:51pm
cjfp

Oh and ..

watch your speed - engine easily takes you beyond where you should be!
no wind noises (door seals or mirrors)
3 perfect fit mud flaps ; 1 with a 1-2mm gap - not a real problem but will take closer look when not raining to see if there is any adjustment

29-12-2011 02:59pm
cjfp

OK, pics

2 seats

Ebony interior - Ivory Headline - Manual

The 'whole'

Window without privacy

Pure rear
More - this time it's the various front light levels

DLR's - these are nice and bright, but there are no rear lights on

Side lights - appear to be same lights as DLRs but dimmer - this setting has rear lights on

Dipped

Full beam

Dipped with fog lights (again, appear to be nice n bright)

And finally, Style 3 19" wheels

If anyone wants photos of anything else then just let me know.
My only afterthought is:-

Having argued against Keyless entry on other threads on here, it does feel strange to get your key out of your pocket to unlock the car and then put it back in pocket when you drive. I am beginning to come around to the possible +ve side of keyless entry in order that the key is in your pocket, you walk up to car and drive off without any faffing. So, if you are on the fence with keyless entry then please get a demo and try it out before dismissing it.

Does anyone (ie probably bell-auto-services!) know if Keyless entry can be an aftermarket fit? (prob not is my guess)

(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 02:56pm by cjfp.)
30-12-2011 02:47pm
PhilSkill

RE: Dec 25th the baby Jesus was born ... but on the 28th Dec, I got to drive my new baby!

Nice one cjfp, Looks great! 5dr version of that was my next option.

I agree with you on the keyless entry, I can also now see the point given the keyless start and key in pocket, no big deal, but it does make sense to get if you can.

I too notice the DRL's being bright versions of side lights, seems odd, would rather run around with the side light option on with rears lit too rather than the DRL's, the DRL's have to dim for the indicators which just seems plain weird! one side light dimmer than the other, saw someone laughing as I was sat indicating at traffic lights probably thinking the lights had gone wrong already! Laughing Still least the fog light doesn't come on with indicators like on some cars i've seen that really is plain wrong!

What floor Mat order did you have? (I bet yts wants to know too)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 03:39pm by PhilSkill.)
30-12-2011 03:36pm
cjfp

RE: Dec 25th the baby Jesus was born ... but on the 28th Dec, I got to drive my new baby!

As per somewhere else here, I'm discussing with bellauto re getting a fix so that rear lights come on with DLRs
Mud flaps

3 perfect

and one with a slilght gap but don't see it as a real problem - might be able to make small adj for the better (or knowing my diy, the worse!)

Floor mats - not sure my answer will make anything any clearer. As a Pure, the only option I had to order was the 'Carpet Mats with Edging' @ £105. However, when I arrived to collect, the pegs where in the front driver / passenger but no mats. So dealer went and took some out of a Prestige and put those in - I am generally happy with them (for what I paid but obv there are non LR ones out there cheaper) but I really don't think they are 'Premium Mats with Edging' that are supposed to come std with Prestige.

As the ones I had were the only carpet ones they had I cannot give any comparison.

If I was ordering now, I wouldn't have them on my 'official' order but would still buy LR ones after having made sure the dealer had all variants to hand for making full informed choice.

Driver

Passenger

Rear (x2 obv)

(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 04:01pm by cjfp.)
30-12-2011 03:38pm