Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dealers Deposits!
evoqueboy

RE: Dealers Deposits!

^^ Don't know how this is possible as my build date is week commencing 15th August ready for a 26th September delivery. This has been confirmed by a LR source and my dealer. Stock piling from August gives me a delivery of November and I know this isn't right as my dealer gets 5 cars and I get car number 5. However also important here is that out of these 5 cars my dealer had specc'd some up themselves as I don't think they had customers on a list which is strange or the customers weren't prompt in speccing cars up so the dealer actually chose the options themselves! Could these be to avoid missing out on the first batch of cars??
20-05-2011 12:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

i have a deposit placed in Spain last month, and i have now been told that the system is ready to place the proper order with my specifications as of this week, i am going in on tuesday to do this. when i placed my deposit down i was told november for my order. they have only 3 cars coming to the dealer in september, and they are all cars that they added the spec's for, to be used as demos.
i was also told that only 3 or 4 cars had had deposits on them a month ago, so i am not sure if any of the cars that people have ordered will be ready for us until november. and they have a max of 11 cars for pre order. i hope to find out more next week.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
20-05-2011 02:12pm
paulus599

(20-05-2011 12:11pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  However also important here is that out of these 5 cars my dealer had specc'd some up themselves as I don't think they had customers on a list which is strange or the customers weren't prompt in speccing cars up so the dealer actually chose the options themselves! Could these be to avoid missing out on the first batch of cars??

I think what is happening is that LR have been very specific in what can be ordered in that first batch of cars. If the dealer doesn't have a customer spec which matches, then they will choose the options themselves even though they don't have an order for it (seems mad to me! Shocked )

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
20-05-2011 02:54pm
Pricy147

(19-05-2011 03:03pm)vinda Wrote:  How do you know. Have you driven one?

Nope - but different types of car. Im not buying the Evoque for performance - something tells me it wont quite keep up with my RS Wink on the other hand, it does have great looks, is econimical, and will tow by jet ski and take it onto trickier launch sites that my mrs's Yaris can do!

(19-05-2011 03:29pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(19-05-2011 01:14pm)Pricy147 Wrote:  Hope your Evoque is not replacing it LaughingLaughingLaughing

I got a TTRS Roadster, and the Evoque is definately not a replacement! Wonder if there are many TT owners jumping, or additionally buying Evoque's!

Yes, it is replacing the TTS. It's going to be a huge change but hopefully a good one Confused
I know that when LR were developing the evoque they benchmarked it against the TT, Mini cooper, BMW's etc. and that they were expecting conquest sales from those marques, I still can't see it being anything like my current car though!

The RS must be an absolute monster. The S is plenty fast for me and I certainly wouldn't like to be spending even more on fuel Shocked

Interesting - there does seem to be a lot of TT owner interested in Evoques. I think if you have a family on the way, or need more practicality / economy - then it could be a natural switch!

The RS is fab. Not to uneconomical too - getting about 24mpg - if you can call that reasonable! Rolling Eyes

(19-05-2011 04:11pm)dinz Wrote:  
(19-05-2011 01:14pm)Pricy147 Wrote:  I got a TTRS Roadster, and the Evoque is definately not a replacement! Wonder if there are many TT owners jumping, or additionally buying Evoque's!

I'll be replacing my TT Coupe with an Evoque, although I won't be ordering until the end of the year as I need to make sure my finances stack up.

I've seen your TTRS over on the tt-forum and it's a corker mate Wink

In my eyes the Evoque is the only SUV/Crossover/4x4 in the £30k (ish) bracket that comes anywhere near the same feelgood factor as the TT (purely based on pics from the web etc as i've not seen one in the metal yet).

Yup - thats me over on the other forum Laughing thanks for the kind words Very Happy
20-05-2011 03:57pm