Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DPF ? The reason for poor economy?
Asty

RE: DPF ? The reason for poor economy?

So do we think LR are running their official mpg figures on a rolling road with the engine and exhaust fully up to optimum temperatures in a temperate climate? I can tell you one thing for sure - I bet they don't drive it to the shops from cold in January when calculating the "urban" mpg Smile

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
10-04-2012 02:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(10-04-2012 02:06pm)Asty Wrote:  So do we think LR are running their official mpg figures on a rolling road with the engine and exhaust fully up to optimum temperatures in a temperate climate? I can tell you one thing for sure - I bet they don't drive it to the shops from cold in January when calculating the "urban" mpg Smile

Actually, I think 'Mystic Meg' does the figures! Laughing
10-04-2012 02:16pm
PhilSkill

They are standard EU tests for all cars done in a laboratory and done at 20-30 °C starting with the urbal cycle and an engine not used for 2 hours (cold!?), the cycle used is very specific series of revs changes etc. They're are widely known as not being very reflective of real use environments, but they are the only figures a car manufacturer can publish.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-04-2012 01:44pm