Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Courtesy Car from your dealer
paulus599

RE: Courtesy Car from your dealer

I visited my dealer yesterday and had a long talk about the production problems and also about the courtesy car situation.
They were actually very open about this and freely admited that they had received the directive from JLR which states '...that the customer should be placed in a Courtesy vehicle until such a time that their delayed vehicle becomes available'. They also said that from their point of view it would be very beneficial if they could get a batch of cars from JLR, pre-register them, and then be able to sell them on once they had served their purpose as courtesy cars.
Big problem though - they currently do not have any spare courtesy cars, plus no additional cars are available from JLR! Confused

To me the solution is simple, JLR should announce that they will provide support for anyone who has been left without a car due to the delays. That support can either be financial, i.e. reimbursement for car hire costs, or that they do this direct with one, or more, of the national car hire companies. At the end of the day, I, and I would guess the vast majority of the people who have been left in this situation, are not asking for them to provide RR Sports or Freelander 2's. All we want is something to keep us mobile until our cars actually arrive!

I also have to wonder how many people are actually in this posistion. Obviously the delays are affecting us all, however a lot of people will be trading their cars in, while others will have found out about the delays prior to them selling their cars. I would imagine therefore that the number of people who have been left without transport will be relatively small, as such, the cost to JLR to support these people will be small.

I'm sure there will be continued heated discussions between JLR and their dealers, but this can't be allowed to drag on, it needs to be sorted, and sorted now!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
30-10-2011 04:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

If the numbers are small as you suggest (and I suspect you're right) then LR should do something to help out their customers. If however the numbers are large then it just doesn't make sense for them to provide loan cars and as such, I doubt many dealers will.

Fair play to my dealer, despite my car being due next week, he constantly says it SHOULD rather than it WILL. As such, I haven't sold my car yet and have no intention of doing so until I get the call to say the car is ready for collection...they can then store it for me while I sell my car.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
30-10-2011 07:02pm
paulus599

That's the point though surely. Regardless of whether the numbers are high or low, it's down to LR to sort it out. They have to take responsibility for this, rather than just issuing a directive to the dealers telling them to do something that's just impossible to achieve.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 11:49pm by paulus599.)
30-10-2011 11:19pm
paulelescoces

I just received the No free courtesy call also from my dealer.... between this and their non-existant communication I would probably cancel if the lead time on another dealer would not be as high...

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
17-11-2011 11:49am
swiss tony

(30-10-2011 07:02pm)Token Wrote:  I haven't sold my car yet and have no intention of doing so until I get the call to say the car is ready for collection...they can then store it for me while I sell my car.

is the correct answer
17-11-2011 06:36pm
LDT

(17-11-2011 06:36pm)swiss tony Wrote:  is the correct answer

+1.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-11-2011 07:07pm
paulus599

That doesn't help the people who have already sold their cars prior to the information regarding delays to their builds. Confused

17-11-2011 08:12pm
IKM

My dealer said a BIG NO to courtesy car, and pointed out that while many customers had talked about cancelling their orders, few had any option but to wait as any suitable new alternative 4x4s would take around 2 months for delivery. What an attitude ...!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
17-11-2011 08:35pm
rchrdleigh

(17-11-2011 08:35pm)IKM Wrote:  My dealer said a BIG NO to courtesy car, and pointed out that while many customers had talked about cancelling their orders, few had any option but to wait as any suitable new alternative 4x4s would take around 2 months for delivery. What an attitude ...!

I'd be interested to hear what alternative 4x4 you could get in 2 months specced to your exact requirements?
Unfortunately while the dealers' attitude might be off he is in the fortunate position where demand is far exceeding supply and he knows with a fair degree of certaintly that if you cancel then someone will be along shortly to snap up your order/build slot. Of course if all 32000 who've ordered/pre-ordered an Evoque were to cancel then the dealers attitude might change but I somewhow can't see that happening.
17-11-2011 09:09pm
ED209

(17-11-2011 08:35pm)IKM Wrote:  My dealer said a BIG NO to courtesy car, and pointed out that while many customers had talked about cancelling their orders, few had any option but to wait as any suitable new alternative 4x4s would take around 2 months for delivery. What an attitude ...!

thats disgusting to be honest.
17-11-2011 09:14pm