Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Colours
ant

Colours

I know it's probably been thrashed to death already, but what are people's thoughts about the lack of the metallic colours available for the initial build of vehicles this year?
I really want Firenze Red and it's now on the website as being available 1st qtr 2012. I don't want to delay my order and wait that long, so I've changed to Fuji white. I'm sure it will still be an awesome car in white, but I'll always be wishing I'd had the red.... especially when I start seeing them on the road next year!
The other metallic colours that are available are Buckingham Blue and Indus Silver. What are your thoughts on these colours? My opinion is blue is very unoticeable and silver is so "last year" (for want of a better phrase) - but you know what I mean.Laughing
I've also gone for Ambience interior, which might be OTT in a white car ..... decisions decisions.
ANTRolling Eyes

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
03-05-2011 02:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kermit

RE: Colours

Are you sure you can't wait? Why the urgency?
03-05-2011 03:44pm
ant

I'm just impatient - once I make up my mind, I want it NOW!
I'm also selling the DB9, so no toys left to play with (except the Stag, but she's a fair weather girl.
I suppose I could wait, if I knew it would be say a January delivery, but if the order can only go in when the paint supplies are re-established, then I might be at the back of a 9 month waiting list, so I'll stick with my place in the queue just now.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
03-05-2011 05:33pm
Ewok

There may be a possibility that once the Japan plants are back open (soon?), original colors can be ordered- which could be before september- thats what Im hoping anyway!.

the Sumatra Black is metallic too- just not with the Xirallic pigment. Could be an option?

Silver I reckon looks great- esp. with the black roof. The car seems to really suit lighter colours.
03-05-2011 06:32pm
MW73

How about Orkney grey, jags lunar grey, that should look good with a black roof. I am in the same position wanted Firenze but don't see the point in waiting even longer! I liked grey/silver colours anyway as they don't really date and either would look great IMHO. 
03-05-2011 07:41pm
Dizzy

Just tell How Landrover can lauch the Brand New super Evoque in Bog standard paints, only 5 colours out of the 20 & last years colours too. Surely a Company of this size should have an alternative supplier !!! Volvo, Ford & Audi do not seem to be cancelling orders, its a joke in todays living & they should know that !
04-05-2011 02:04pm
paulus599

(04-05-2011 02:04pm)Dizzy Wrote:  Just tell How Landrover can lauch the Brand New super Evoque in Bog standard paints, only 5 colours out of the 20 & last years colours too. Surely a Company of this size should have an alternative supplier !!! Volvo, Ford & Audi do not seem to be cancelling orders, its a joke in todays living & they should know that !

Blimey, nice first post 'Dizzy' Shocked
I do agree that I'd expected a much bigger range of colours and finishes, but it's also true to say that the situation in Japan has caused problems for other companies, i.e. Ford, Toyota and General Motors. If 3 of the largest automotive companies in the world are having to cancel orders for certain colours, then LR has absolutely no chance.
There are of course alternative suppliers for metallic paints, but from what I understand (and that's not much really) the plant in Japan is the only one that produces Xirallic.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
04-05-2011 02:35pm