Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does the dealer have an order sheet they can provide?
evQ

I placed an order last month through the dealer and was wondering if dealers get any confirmation on dates, what is 'actually' being ordered etc that they can share etc. This is in USA.
22-03-2012 07:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Claud

RE: Does the dealer have an order sheet they can provide?

The dealers in the UK get access to an online order system called Vista. It provides a wealth of detail on the car order history. My dealer sent me screen shot updates of the order history so I new exactly what he new. You get requested delivery date, accepted delivery date, current planned delivery date etc together with specification and specification history. Once a chassis number is assigned and provided it is possible for the customer to login in to Topix and get even more detail on the vehicle, there are a few posts on how to do this on this forum.

I believe customers in the US should be able to get the same information as customers can get in the UK, however it requires customer focused customer orientated sales agents.... which sadly are few and far between. I was lucky!

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
22-03-2012 09:46pm
miller4isu

After my US order was accepted by Land Rover, my dealer provided me a VERY detailed order receipt (3 pages long, with every possible option listed, then a notation if MY order included that specific option or not).
Few interesting items:
Specification Date is XXX
Accepted Delivery Date is XXX
Accepted Build Date is XXX
Build Period is XXX
Model Year + Build Phase is XXX
It also shows "Steering Rack - uprated" which is a good thing after reading about all the steering problems the early models have had!

I will be happy to provide a copy of my order receipt tomorrow (I will scan it in and try to figure out how to include a pdf in my post).

The entire website address is listed at the bottom of the pages - when typing that address in a web browser, I get a Jaguar Land Rover secure site. Would sure be fun to have a user name and password to look around on the site! Very Happy

Actually, I wonder if maybe I shouldn't post it................ here is what the page says:
[/align]
By logging into this site, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
Jaguar Land Rover owns all rights to this work and intends to maintain it in confidence to preserve its trade secret status. Those having access to this work may not copy or print it, except for use within their own dealerships, or disclose the information contained in it without the written authorization of Jaguar Land Rover.
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 01:51pm by miller4isu.)
23-03-2012 12:43am
Claud

Be careful about publishing details on an open forum like this, it may be better to send such information by email, that is why I chose not to disclose my order details.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
23-03-2012 09:19am