Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Carbon wrap
speary

Carbon wrap

Thought I would have a go at some wrapping. I used 3m 1080 Anthracite carbon film.
Wasn't quite as easy as I thought from looking at youtube videos. Its very fiddly around corners and hence my application isn't perfect but still not bad for a first attempt

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q694...78d1b1.jpg

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q694...0c6709.jpg

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 09:20am by speary.)
29-10-2013 09:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

RE: Carbon wrap

Hey Steve, that's an excellent effort for your first attempt, looks really cool Cool . The more you work with the stuff, the easier it gets. I've found in the past (as I'm sure you already have) that getting lots of heat into it makes it more pliable for working on complex shaped areas. Top job there! The bits you've done are by no means easy to wrap, even for the most proficient of wrappers. What else is on the cards for wrapping then?! Very Happy Paula xx
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2013 04:55pm by dynamicgirl.)
29-10-2013 04:54pm
speary

RE: Carbon wrap

(29-10-2013 04:54pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Hey Steve, that's an excellent effort for your first attempt, looks really cool Cool . The more you work with the stuff, the easier it gets. I've found in the past (as I'm sure you already have) that getting lots of heat into it makes it more pliable for working on complex shaped areas. Top job there! The bits you've done are by no means easy to wrap, even for the most proficient of wrappers. What else is on the cards for wrapping then?! Very Happy Paula xx

Not sure yet as I don't want to over do itVery Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
30-10-2013 09:51am