Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car park dent body protection
Firenze

I get fed up of wondering if when I return to my car some inconsiderate person has slammed there door into mine leaving me with a dent so I decided to look for a protection strip which would not ruin the look and I found this

At the moment Im unsure wether to fix it permanently as if I decide to remove it I will have a job to remove the double sided tape.

So does it ruin the look?

Anyone know of a not so permanent way of fitting it?

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
04-07-2012 01:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Car park dent body protection

Doesn't look bad at all. If you use the same type of 3M double sided tape that is used on badges then a bit of dental floss and heat/adhesive remover will fully remove it.
04-07-2012 01:46pm
doug

Aren't most dents higher up. That strip could stop MPV doors which are straight down. But unless you cover the sides in bubble wrap you will still get some arse denting it.
I spent most of my lunch time in supermarket or motorway services car parks & watching the amount of people who just have no care for other cars is unreal. it's not just old cars they drive, i have seen many a new car driver just landing there car in the smallest spot, fling open there car door, place there keys & bags on the paint work etc.... If they don't care for they own vehicle what hope to we have. The same people can be found using a blue badge spot without a badge Evil

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-07-2012 05:21pm
Firenze

Yes you are right it is a bit low, I tried it half way up the door but it didn't look very good at all, but it does stop most front doors of other cars as it is on the part of the Evoque door that sticks out due to the profile.

The worse doors to do damage seem to be rear doors as most are not straight down and they even have a point to them - so bubble wrap it is then!

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
04-07-2012 06:00pm
Kimv

Doesn't look too bad. As you said, a bit low.

To avoid dents I:

1) go to the store on the least busy moments
2) park very far from the entrance and shopping kart spot
3) occupy 2 spots (I know... But only when there's plenty of other spots left)
4) or park next to another seemingly new car or a car well taken care of
5) if given the choice park on the side of the other cars passenger door (there's always a driver but not always a passenger)
6) avoid mono volumes or other obvious family cars
7) spend the shortest amount of time possible in the store
Cool if I find another car parked next to mine, check my car for dents (I plan on taking pictures if ever I find any...)

So far successful...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
04-07-2012 08:39pm
Kentboy

Is the grade of steel on the door so thin it dents easily?
My RRS didn't suffer too badly and all my BMW's seem to fair well.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
04-07-2012 09:14pm
jitenc

7) spend the shortest amount of time possible in the store
Cool if I find another car parked next to mine, check my car for dents (I plan on taking pictures if ever I find any...)

So far successful...

[/quote]

Don't understand what taking photos would do any good. Do you present it to the insurance company or do you also wait for the owner to arrive and take their photos and call the police?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
04-07-2012 09:50pm
Kimv

(04-07-2012 09:50pm)jitenc Wrote:  7) spend the shortest amount of time possible in the store

So far successful...

Don't understand what taking photos would do any good. Do you present it to the insurance company or do you also wait for the owner to arrive and take their photos and call the police?

All of the above

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 10:22pm by Kimv.)
04-07-2012 10:22pm
pugracer

(04-07-2012 08:39pm)Kimv Wrote:  3) occupy 2 spots (I know... But only when there's plenty of other spots left)

This will get you scratches, not dents. Laughing

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
05-07-2012 02:40pm
Firenze

(04-07-2012 01:46pm)WB Wrote:  Doesn't look bad at all. If you use the same type of 3M double sided tape that is used on badges then a bit of dental floss and heat/adhesive remover will fully remove it.

Had a brainwave to make it easier to remove I will first fit a strip of transparent car protector film and stick the bumper trim to that as the film is easily removed without leaving a mark.

05-07-2012 05:49pm