Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cancelling Order.
IKM

RE: Cancelling Order.

(26-03-2012 10:52pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Call me old fashioned but if you are considering cancelling due to financial reasons, and also thinking of funding the leasing costs from your current car sale sounds mad to me.

I'd get my finances sorted first and then buy one in the future when you can afford it.

Simples
+1... wait!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
26-03-2012 10:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

RE: Cancelling Order.

(26-03-2012 06:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Have you tried speaking to the lease company? They can sometimes be quite imaginative when it comes to loosing a client! Even banks can be quite flexible as I had a major life changing situation just after ordering a TVR in the 1980's and was amazed with the proposal that they made to me to keep me in the car - helped that the Bank Manager was a fully fledged petrol head who owned a 1960's Aston though

Didn't try to be honest as didn't think they could take over an order which they didn't place in the first place.
(26-03-2012 06:33pm)rvsvet Wrote:  After allowing for my part ex and the cash I have to put towards the purchase, I expect to be 14,500 short. Other posters here have recommended M&S money, who will offer 6%apr on loans between 7,500 and 15k. £14,500 over 24 months with them will cost me £620 per month. If the supply problems mean that residuals will be sky high in 2 years time, I might swap for a new one then and I hope not to have lost £14,500 in 2 years so the next one should cost me less per month. M&S money also do a car buying plan where a balloon payment at the end of the agreement makes the monthly repayments cheaper

I had a look at website this, and looks reasonable at 6%, but would need to borrow more and the apr jumps to 9.9%, which I wouldn't want to do
(26-03-2012 06:33pm)Straydox Wrote:  We are conditioned to want to own things especially cars outright when in truth they are terrible investments, depreciate rapidly on top of already high running costs.

Landrover do 'Private Contract Hire' so you might want to talk to them about that? Also a leasing company will happily talk to your dealer - its just a unit to them and the leasing company will struggle to get any discount anyway. If you really want to be in an Evoque then there will be a way.

Tried them, but for the dynamic i had on order(£44.5k), after the final payment it worked out at £55k all in, and dropping my order to a Pure roughly £37k, the final payment worked out £44k, which is crazy money. I think LR make enough profit without charging those sort of rates Shocked
(26-03-2012 08:24pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Sorry to hear this Craig.

Might be best to cancel and sit tight rather than put any undue financial pressure on. Haven't you already had an Evoque and sold it?? If so why do you want another one if the first one didn't tickle your fancy?? Don't mean to seem intrusive by the way so if you think I am being nosey just tell me to sod off!!!

Not being nosey at all, and quite correct, I got a Pure beginning of nov last year which was a cancelled order from someone else. I sold it again as wasn't sure at the time. It wasn't the spec that I wanted and was unsure what residuals would do(if you remember people were talking about a ramp up in production back then) and I thought if I kept it, I'd loose too much on part-ex to afford the one I wanted. I kept my last car for 7 years, so it was important to me to get the car right. Not having xenons, dipping mirrors and a reversing camera was quite important to me, and thought the pure was too much money to compromise on.
With hindsight, I should of kept the car, but what's done is done.
(26-03-2012 10:52pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Call me old fashioned but if you are considering cancelling due to financial reasons, and also thinking of funding the leasing costs from your current car sale sounds mad to me.

I'd get my finances sorted first and then buy one in the future when you can afford it.

Simples

I know. I was clutching at straws. Been hit with a double whammy on the financial front. We've had some thefts from our property to the point my wife want to get some gates on the property to make it more secure. I can't really argue that and they're not cheap. Also been hit with some bad debt at work, with a company going into administration having a fair chunk of our cash, which we'll prob never see again.

So think you're right and will cancel the order. Guess I'll just have to wait another year. Hopefully by then I might even get a discount on one with all the extra 1000 workforce churning them out...I can but dream

Thxs everyone else for their comments
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 11:28pm by Craig_d1.)
26-03-2012 11:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply