Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I order Black grill & vents on my Pure?
andyuk

Can I order Black grill & vents on my Pure?

Hi there I have placed an order for a Red Pure & wondered if it would be possible to change my grill & vents to black like on the dynamic?

If LR won't do it on my order do you think my local dealership would be able to purchase & fit after I have received my car?
02-08-2011 12:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DDX

RE: Can I order Black grill & vents on my Pure?

On my Range Rover Sport i had them sprayed by a local bodyshop. Will cost you a lot less than the local dealer. Once the car is launched youll also have plenty of people on ebay selling colour coded vents and grills.
02-08-2011 06:50am
Blackseries

(02-08-2011 12:00am)andyuk Wrote:  Hi there I have placed an order for a Red Pure & wondered if it would be possible to change my grill & vents to black like on the dynamic?

If LR won't do it on my order do you think my local dealership would be able to purchase & fit after I have received my car?

I originally ordered a Pure and part of my "deal" with the dealership was that they would take the grill, side vents and rear boot finisher off - I was then going to get them painted metallic black at the body shop - - and then the dealer was going to put them back on - for free. As dealers are unable / unwilling to offer discounts they can do stuff like this that doesn't show up as a discount yet helps you out. It’s probably a lot cheaper than ordering the Dynamic bits.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
02-08-2011 09:05am
vinny

What colour are the grille,bonnet vents and side vents on the pure??my dealer said they were black along with the blade fender under the doors?
You have me thinking now!!

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
02-08-2011 06:09pm
andyuk

They are Silver on the Pure.

I really want the Red but IMO it lokks 10x better with Black grill/vents like the dynamic than the standard Silver which comes with the Pure.

I will speak to my dealership to see what they can do.
02-08-2011 06:15pm
cjfp

Re Grill and Vents, I thought they were dark Atlas (ie dark silver) on the Pure, Atlas (ie silver) on the Prestige and Gloss Black on the Dynamic - there are pictures of all three in my photos from the Evoque Live London thread (Pure - was the grey car, Dynamic - the red car and Prestige - the black car)

The Pure grill is actually my favourite of all the 3.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 06:26pm by cjfp.)
02-08-2011 06:25pm
vinny

I wasnt sure when my dealer said dark atlas I took it to mean black but didnt ask him to clarify.
Surely dark atlas must be a gunmetal colour???anybody confirm?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
02-08-2011 06:33pm
Blackseries

(02-08-2011 06:33pm)vinny Wrote:  Surely dark atlas must be a gunmetal colour???anybody confirm?

Yes very dark silver.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
02-08-2011 06:38pm
andyuk

So i suppose we could even get a paint job to convert to a contrast roof after we receive our Pure's too.
02-08-2011 06:56pm
vinny

From what I have found out the dark atlas is dark grey colour but quite a matt finish.The coupe has this dark atlas grey on the grill,side vents and blade fender below the door but not sure of the 5 door arrangement

02-08-2011 07:12pm