Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Call Contact -- feature not available, please take a hike
olde

Call Contact -- feature not available, please take a hike

From the SWYS (say what you see) menu, there is an phone option to call contact, but my Evoque tells me to take a hike when I try to say this command. Feature not available. What gives?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
03-05-2012 10:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Call Contact -- feature not available, please take a hike

IIRC you need to send up some 'contacts' (ie attaching a vocal "wife" to a phonebook number) which, again IIRC, is somewhere in the voice / phone setup. Will check in morning.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
03-05-2012 10:52pm
olde

I have phone voicetags, which work fine, but call contact does not work. Feature unavailable. I think you can only get to that feature from SWYS.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
04-05-2012 04:59am
berlin2011

Mine works perfectly, both 'Call contact' as well as 'Dial Voicetag' - the latter being the one where you record a tag. Two things to note, for 'Call contact' to work you must share your phone contacts with the car (think it uploads them?) and secondly when you've made some changes to your contacts you may find that straight off the bat when you start the car it will tell you 'feature not available currently' - I think it's because it's busy syncing the contacts with the car first. Normally takes a minute or so before available again. I use an iPhone if that makes a difference.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
04-05-2012 10:53am
cjfp

Ah, looks like I'm confusing the two. Not with car at mo so will have a play later.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-05-2012 11:04am
andrey1302

(04-05-2012 10:53am)berlin2011 Wrote:  Mine works perfectly, both 'Call contact' as well as 'Dial Voicetag' - the latter being the one where you record a tag. Two things to note, for 'Call contact' to work you must share your phone contacts with the car (think it uploads them?) and secondly when you've made some changes to your contacts you may find that straight off the bat when you start the car it will tell you 'feature not available currently' - I think it's because it's busy syncing the contacts with the car first. Normally takes a minute or so before available again. I use an iPhone if that makes a difference.

I have a Blackberry and it works exactly the same way...

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
04-05-2012 11:10am