Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying an Evoque - Help
Trawlerman66

Buying an Evoque - Help

Hi all, just jumped over from the Freel2 site. I was considering an Evoque but every dealer is not budging and want full price. Has anyone managed to get a dealer to move on price and if not, what else could I use to sweeten the deal?
26-11-2012 11:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Buying an Evoque - Help

A heckler and koch ? Wink

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
26-11-2012 11:35pm
rchrdleigh

Sadly the words Evoque and discount don't seem to work too well. Dealers can currently sell every Evoque they can get their hands on and the waiting list for a build to order is still as long as ever. What Car Target Price is the same as the recommended price - a good indication that discounts are not being given.

You might be lucky and find a dealer with a cancelled order he's prepared to discount slightly but it probably won't be the spec you want.

If you're lucky you could get: full tank of fuel, carpet or rubber mats, front and rear mud flaps, spare wheel and that's about it.
26-11-2012 11:41pm
J77

The trouble with the Evoque is its still in high demand so deals are very hard to come by.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
26-11-2012 11:43pm
WB
WB

Find a dealer who will give you free mats and boot mat or mud flaps or similar accessories. Many have given these and any good dealer will also give a full tank of fuel and an LR experience voucher.

I'm buying my second Evoque and I've shopped around for a better deal and not found one. The only way to get money off is the armed forces discount. Not even the LR employee discount for friends and family works on the Evoque.

You'll also notice that dealers are still selling used cars for not far off list price.
26-11-2012 11:51pm
The Valeter

Off topic - I think the majority of the posts here are Ex/current FL2 forum members.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
27-11-2012 12:05am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

The waiting lists are coming down. Our local dealer is now quoting march delivery, whereas they were quoting jan delivery back in may. They say the wait is coming down fast since the move to full 24hrs production.
Also what car mag has a page for deals etc and they had orangewheels.com for an Evoque. I had a quick look and they are offering £375 saving for a pure sd4 tech pack to £495 for dynamic with lux. Not much of a discount but better than a kick in the teeth.
27-11-2012 12:17am
Straydox

Adding to what Craig has just posted - my Evoque is about to be replaced and the dealer is saying February or maybe a little earlier for a factory order - the current one took 6 months to arrive.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
27-11-2012 12:20am