Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boracay Holiday
Barneyridge

Boracay Holiday

Hi Guys,

We were thinking of booking a holiday at Boracay Island for April 2012. Done a bit of research on Trip advisor but we are still a little unsure. Has anyone been to Boracay and can give us some advice. We were thinking of a few days in Manila first for some shopping and then lying on the beach at Boracay for a week. We were thinking of staying at ASYA Premier boutique.

The alternative is to got back to Phuket. We went there before the tsunami so it should be a little different now.

Thanks for any input

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
03-11-2011 10:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrewcui

RE: Boracay Holiday

I went to Boracay in June-July this year.

It was great!!!

I went with a mate.. it was the first time for both of us.
Me and my mate are both late 20's and just wanted to get away to some place with a beach...
We stayed at Boracay Regency hotel which is probably one of the most popular and biggest hotels in Boracay. They have 2 other sister hotels close by which was Garden Regency and Regency Lagoon.
We spent 9nights in Regency and 1 night in Lagoon, the only reason for this is because we orginally booked for 7nights... but we wanted to extend and there was no rooms available for a night so we went over to Lagoon.
I would say Regency was a good choice as it is right in the middle of boat station 2 and a close walk to everything, it has a good main swimming pool with a bar, and it is right on the beach, also it has plenty of beach recliners for the hotel guests in a prime spot on the beach.
The hotel was mixed with all sorts of people.... young/old/familys etc etc..

The beach is amazing! the pictures you see on the net are a good indicator.. the water is blue and crystal clear... the sand is soft and white... and the water is warm!!!
There are plenty of activities to do and i would say everything is relativly cheap for us aussies.
I never really heard of the philippines being known for their good food.. but all the food we ate was tasty and reasonably priced! Eating on the beach front at night with a band play was really enjoyable.

We also stayed in Manila for 2 days on the way there and 3 days on the way back... we thought that was more than enough.
All we did was shop during the day (once again most things are very cheap) and go out clubbing/drinking during the night.
We stayed in Makati at a serviced apartment... it was quite a nice area with plenty of shopping and eating at Greenbelt.
Also check out Mall of Asia which is probably a 20min taxi ride away and is the biggest shopping centre in the phils.

Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to know as i could probably go on and on.

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011 01:39am by andrewcui.)
06-11-2011 10:40pm
exigejoe

RE: Boracay Holiday

Go to makati! Since its more westernized. Boracy is nice! And tagtay also. Im an American filipino and met a few cool Aussies while vacationing there.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
07-11-2011 01:01am